Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maximum depth setting

I've recently upgraded from a whites v3i to a ctx3030 and was wondering on what settings I can tweak in the silver And jewellery program to achieve maximum depth. Or is there a program out here that I can download to my ctx?
Thanx

That's going to depend on your soil.
My ground can be pretty tough and Ground Coin setting gets me my best depth followed by the Ferrous Coin setting.
Discrimination in the upper right corner affects depth in my ground too.
If I block out from around 1 30-50 I loose some depth.
Someone with more mild ground might get completely different results than me.
Plant some deep coins in your area and see what works best for you.

Also to get maximum depth you might need to run in manual sensitivity if your auto +3 won't get you in to the 20s.
You need to be up in the 20s to go real deep. Preferably
23 or above in my soil which my Auto +3 won't go near.
The detector can get pretty noisy when you push it and it brings the nails alive.
Bryan

For maximum depth you should be running maximum sensitivity that the detector can handle in your ground conditions. You may also want to swing the seventeen inch coil which can give you some more depth. Another option is to increase your swing speed. You will actually hear deeper targets by doing so. However, obviously you may have some difficulty doing this in an area that is trashy which requires a normal or slow swing speed. A piece of rudimentary advice, is to drag that coil across the ground. If your coil covers aren't wearing out, your doing it wrong.

What GK said

The 17" coil is the business,even in trashy places it has worked well for me. Might there be more coins to be gotten with the stock or 6" coil? I'll find out later. For finding coins at the edge of the coils detection field, Manual Sens must be used. Auto Sens MAY find you more because you're not confusing falses with genuine targets that may just be giving a " blip" but Manual will find stuff deeper. YOU have to decipher what you're hearing and/or seeing. The 17" is also much more effective in tall grass,going hand in hand with GKs statement about getting it as close to the dirt itself as possible....every bit counts,especially these days.

keep in mind,
The ctx will definately find the deep coins but you will need to know two things. One is that Deep coins dont always give a good number ID however, if there is a small red dot building, and your numbers jump or get close to or around the numbers your looking for then dig it. the sound will usually be good too, the numbers can jump around. but if I get one or two hits at 12 45 out of say 8 swings then I dig it.
The second thing you should know is that pinpointing at 10 or 12 inches is not always easy and you want to take your time and practice before you dig up a lawn or scratch a target.

If you increase your sensitivity too high to get more depth then the stability and reliability may suffer. If your on a nice lawn then id recommend you not try to max out anything/ work with a stable reliable set up and your numbers will get more stable. if you start finding deep coins and they are worth it then try raising the sens, but keep it stable.