Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maximum depth with 11 & 6 inches search coils

Dears . we want to know about the maximum depth you found targets with 11 & 6 search coil's please

That all depends on the beach I've dug over a foot soil 8"-10' about for me deeper with larger items of course but this is with just the 11" coil..

Depth isn't everything! Consider the separation capabilities (especially with the 6" coil).
t
MAKRO RACER POWER said:
Dears . we want to know about the maximum depth you found targets with 11 & 6 search coil's please

The 11" coil is plenty deep (compared to similar coils on my other machines), but the actual depth you will get is dependent on the mineral content of the soil.

Got my little coil at gold show..cancelled my order with the big k

quote=D&P-OR]
I'm still waiting to get mine to Gregg.----I'm next on my dealers list to get one---but---so far, haven't got it.-----------Del
n/t[/quote]

To Del's point, my hope with the 6" coil is to have an appropriate coil for my 800 out in the high trash ghost towns and heavier trashed areas to look for keepers amongst the trash.

I will say that depth is important, but separation is going to prove even more important for me. As the years and decades have passed by, more of the sites that I hunt have already been hunted by other detectorists. I've tried to up my odds by hunting older private yards, but it is rare to come across an untouched old yard. This is why I believe that having a detector that can unmask good targets mixed in with the iron and conductive trash is important to me. Just my take on things.

My dealer called yesterday, and my EQX 6" coil is headed this way. Finally. I was hoping to have it last April for a meet we had in Oregon and here it is, ALMOST September. :blink: I guess this means I don't have to leave the 800 home anymore when the location I'm hunting requires a small(er) coil.

Rich (Utah)

No real way to determine depth....... everything is based on the target and conditions. There may not be targets deeper than a certain depth........ or they may not be detectable..... and yes you can use a test garden or air test..... but when the coil meets the soil in the real world things change. Most coils will detect in the right conditions at least the coil size....... 11"..... 11" deep...... some people (skilled) can get deeper in their area. Oh..... and lets not forget some people can PP for cr*p.

I agree with the comments about how relative depth is to conditions. I do have a very solid impression that I have been digging deeper targets with the 800. I often have to give up on a target in the park because it is deeper than I feel free to dig there with people around. That is traumatic. I am digging a couple scoops deeper at the beach frequently and in the field as well. It is a bit subjective, I know, but I am bringing in older coins and more silver and gold...
What ever it is, I like it and a lot of my friends seem to be buying it!

Oh and the 6 inch coil is due any day (in transit) so 11 inch only here so far.

Banged out 2 separate wheat pennies last night in the 9"-10" range.

Using 11" coil.

Have hit a U bent beaver tail of a pull tab at nearly that depth too, probably in the 8" range.

Trailduster said:
Banged out 2 separate wheat pennies last night in the 9"-10" range.

Using 11" coil.

Have hit a U bent beaver tail of a pull tab at nearly that depth too, probably in the 8" range.
I have had the same finding Pennines that deep and just found a rolled up beaver tail easily 8” down

Maybe I've been lucky, but on my ocean beach I have dug several quarters in the 16-18" range with the 11 inch coil. One thing I have found out, if you get a solid hit in the 20- 22 range and haven't found it by about 12 inches, forget it - it's a beer can or soda can. Listen to the voice of experience. LOL

I've been getting some great tones and really surprising depth from this 6 inch coil compared to small coils on other detectors I've used.
I was finding copper pennies at 8 inches, moist ground, with no problem. I've only used this coil twice.

Those cans at digit 23 can be a pain in neck deep water........ as can sun glasses. Im not a real fan of the Nox not having very much modulation so you can better tell large targets from small ones easily like on the Xcal. Yes you can size the target or raise the coil...... but that all takes up hunting time.

I would just like to see someone do a distance test with the 6 inch. Call it an air test if you want...I just want to see what true distances people are getting with the 6" vs 11". On coins and such. Just take a program...say Park 2 and Sensitivity at say 20-22 and post results. I've been trying to find such a test but have not so far. I know things change in the ground but I'm pretty sure if it wont go 10 inches in the ground, if it only goes 7 in the air.

Daniel Tn said:
.... I know things change in the ground but I'm pretty sure if it wont go 10 inches in the ground, if it only goes 7 in the air.

Then you dont know minelab multi-freq detectors very well.

OK .I'll give this a shot.I tossed my wedding ring on a clean place on the ground ,turned the sen all the way up. I did not measure it .But I said to myself "holy s**t this thing goes deep. It was a good 10 to 12 inches from the coil..I then turned the sen all the way down. it was still hitting a good 4 inches.