Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

maybe a dumb question

coindude

Does everybody ALWAYS noise cancel when starting up? Even if you are a long ways from any electrical interference? I have forgot a couple of times and it doesn't seem to make a difference.:shrug:

Yes, I always noise cancel. Andy recommends it as well. In fact, I noise cancel several times while hunting. It seems like it maintains stability more efficiently.

Noise cancel also helps with mineralisation of ground as well as electrical interference, definatley a help when using bigger coils which are more prone to interference.good huntingseya Neilo

I do it every time I turn on the detector. I'll do it again if I move around a lot in a large area.

after the initial noise cancel but if I see electrical lines or indications of a transformer I noise cancel again.

I do noise cancel most of the time but. I wander if the detector is truly looking for the best channel or if it just randomly selects one. I can do a noise cancel in the same spot and get a different channel almost every time and some times no difference in the noise. can manual find a quiter channel than the auto noise cancel most times. Try it hit noise cancel and then let it run and hit it again and then again. It will chose a different channel and some times even back to the one I started with. So i am wondering what is going on when you hit the nois cancle is it really looking for a quite channel or just changing them at random.

That's really interesting! I'll have to try that myself and see if it changes it's selection. I do know that, more times it picks channel 2 than any other channel. It seems that I can only recall it picking about 4 different channels since I got it. But I will keep a closer eye on it's channel selection from now on.

I always noise cancel on start up and about every 45 minutes or whenever I feel it has become a little unstable.

When I first start up, I also turn on my Pistol Probe pin pointer and that allows me to use the probe without worrying about interference.

You will see increased depth after noise canceling and a more stable reading on targets.