Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Maybe I should quit detecting...

jkline

as there is no way in Hades I will top the last couple weeks anytime soon: a Walking Liberty Half, a Peace Dollar, an 1864 Indian Head... and today I had my first 5 silver day.

Ronstar and I were going back to a usual spot-- he was stuck in a meeting, I wasn't, so I arrived 15 min before him. Decided to take the Etrac for a walk-- first target, a '44 Washington. Next target 15' away, a '60 Rosie. Next target down the line and 10' away, a '36 Merc. Ron finally shows up, and 10 minutes later a maybe 1921D Merc (she's worn). About an hour later, I pop a plug on this silver ring.

Feel badly that Ron didn't find silver, but the clad was plentiful! I found two modern coinspills worth more than a buck.

The soil conditions here are interesting. Many coins from the 20's and earlier show corrosion, which you can see in the picture.. Often Ronstar and I find wheaties that look almost like zincs.

It was a lucky day. Afraid he and I are nabbing the last of the low-hanging fruit.

Attachments

• 20210606_202405.jpg
    20210606_202405.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 115
Congratulations on your silver streak !! Sounds like you guys are just scratching the surface.

Yup, nine silvers in one patch of the lawn and nothing overly deep. Since the 70s the university has been fairly easy allowing responsible detectorists somewhat free range of the grounds. There recently was evidence of an individual recklessly digging but thats been non existent for now (summer break so could have been a student). Plus we probably cleaned out close to $25 in clad and a couple other interesting finds.
Years ago a local gunsmith pretty much exclusively had free run. I remember being a young patrol officer and seeing him early mornings walking the grounds. If my memory is correct he had a lot of silver coins in that pouch each time we would stop and talk, I remember the dimes, quarters, and half dollars mainly but not the era. Im betting he got the biggest chunk of it…. Meanwhile Jeff’s not quitting until he buys me the “shot of the good stuff” after an exceptional day out!! Besides, my wife would kill him if he left me……. Lol

JK, your just getting a good start on that property, anytime you get that much silver that quick believe me there's at least five times that much more in there.
Different angles will get you a bunch more plus there's probably more in that deep zone that you can just barely hear.
Congrats on some fantastic hunting!

I should add here that 6-7 quarters were 65-66 and and about 10-12 dimes were 65-67s, as accumulated over the two day hunt.

Hey now…… foreign languages hard to learn for this old puppy. 🙃