Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

&*@$#^%@^#%*&@ MEMORIALS!!!!!!!:ranting::ranting::ranting:

sunraysux

guys...is there ANYthing i can do to block...blank out....delete these darn Memorials?????
they ring...sing...ping in on the freaking Etrac anywhere from 43 to 48!!!
they sound like silver half the time...the other half the time like dimes!!!!
there are so darn many of them that sometimes i get sore hands from digging them and i leave the spot because i cannot get down to anything older underneath...the make so much stinkin noise that they mask virtually everything around them
they are driving me NUTS!!!
how in the world can one coin have so many voices on this silly Etrac?!?!
literally sounds like a quarter...then silver...then a dime UGH
sorry for the rant but i had to....have never experienced this before with other machines....
any constructive advise would be very welcome....

I am finding zincs that way also. Dont remember the numbers, maybe a 75. I use a small coil and just dig the darn things to get em out of the way. Lot of guys wont dig pennys. You just cleaning it up for them.

Coming from the CTX to the Etrac recently, that is one of the first things I noticed. Copper memorials hit real hard
on the Etrac and ring up 45-46 more times then not. I don't remember one reading anything over 44 on my CTX.
Clad dimes are more stable on the Etrac compared to my CTX though coming in at a consitant 44 with a rare 43.

Bryan

happy easter all....
and yes, you are VERYyyyy fortunate MJ
these things come is all the way up to 48 for goodness sakes
a solid repeatable 48!!....so i am all psyched to dig a quarter...perhaps a silver 25 center
and then that perpetual kick in the teeth of the stinking memorial!!!
the zincies have a distinct sound so i can weed them out audibly...but these memorials are rapidly becoming the bane of my existence!!!!i will need to be more mindful of the ferrous number going forward and see if i can use that as a barometer of the target
but the conductive number is a real pain in my donkey!!

They hit hard on the Exp II as well. I feel that the older ones late 60's early 70's are loud because of the amount of copper in them. After those years they aren't as loud sounding.
Wheat cents and Indian's aren't as loud probably because of corrosion? But it's just my Opinion.
At least Coin Star doesn't reject the older memorials like today's crappy cents.

what coil you using?

AJ

sunraysux said:
happy easter all....
and yes, you are VERYyyyy fortunate MJ
these things come is all the way up to 48 for goodness sakes
a solid repeatable 48!!....so i am all psyched to dig a quarter...perhaps a silver 25 center
and then that perpetual kick in the teeth of the stinking memorial!!!
the zincies have a distinct sound so i can weed them out audibly...but these memorials are rapidly becoming the bane of my existence!!!!i will need to be more mindful of the ferrous number going forward and see if i can use that as a barometer of the target
but the conductive number is a real pain in my donkey!!

you gotta dig those coppers as sometimes a deep Merc will hit the lower 43-44 #'s. I have a hatred of the zinc so rarely will I dig 37-38's unless deeper to keep me "honest". I do loose some IH's because of my hatred of zinc.... Sometimes those paper thin Barbies will come in at 39-41 also.....

...i know oneguy, i do dig as many as i can stomach//but it really wears on you
i can def tell zincies by ear at this point so they do not agitate me like these Mems do....

and AJ...i am using the stock 11 incher that came with my Etrac
switched for a time over to a COILTEK 6 incher to learn from, but man...did i miss a bunch of stuff!!
holy crap...i just re-did a church i covered pretty well with the 6 incher 3 weeks ago...
thought i worked it slowly and thoroughly and got some silver and a lot of clad....
just went over it with the 11 inch stock coil a couple days ago ...yikes!
2 more silvers and like 75 clads coins from the same small yard in 3 hours!!! lolol
what the heck//and all these targets i got were2-5 inches in depth
so i will not be using that 6 incher any longer unless i am in an insanely junk-laden park or something
up to 19 silvers for the year so far...actually have had the Etrac for just over 7 weeks
but so far no deeper silvers....deepest quarters have been about 4-5 inches and all the dimes up at 2-4 inches
sort of has me worried that i am not getting the depth i need
would love to grab a barber quarter//half at some point
think i'd have a heart attack

well at least you are having quality problems now :biggrin:

etrac will up size what it thinks are desirable targets as you are seeing with the copper penny's , all part of the fun digging copper :argue:

I would rather dig 4" silver than 10 :lmfao:

keep diggin and learn more its why this is fun its never ending learning :biggrin:

have fun out there .

AJ

well AJ...i am not upset about getting the silver up high like that...not at all!
its just the mix of silver thus far....of the 19 finds thus far with my Etrac
one shallow Barber dime....one shallow late drop SLQ//no date
otherwise...all Washies/Rosies and Mercs
and this is from sites that should be littered with Barbers/seateds/Walkers/etc

....and i just wish the darn Etrac would stay solid on the number for the Mems...
it bounces all over so i have to dig EVERY single one
and the sounds it makes is what really drives me batty and gets depressing after a while
it sings like silver....and hits at 46-47-48
and you get all fired up to dig some pretty silver!!!
.....and then BAM....5 inches down....a hideous MeM to deflate the hell out of you
.....over and over and over

What I wonder is why a dime rings higher..usually. ..than a penny. It is smaller and made out of copper but with nickel plate which should bring numbers down u would think.

What I wonder is why a dime rings higher..usually. ..than a penny. It is made out of copper but it is smaller with nickel plate both of which should bring numbers down u would think.

Why anyone would avoid digging 43 to 48 numbers is a mystery to me?
Countless silver rings and doodads come from those numbers,,,cherry pick at your own risk

Man yes--that's where the good stuff is.
sprchng said:
Countless silver rings and doodads come from those numbers,,,cherry pick at your own risk

.....well it certainly would be shocking and welcomed if a few of those aforementioned "good stuff" targets would show up from time to time instead of the relentless barrage of memorials
hell....i'd happily settle for the stinking things ringing at the SAME #
so that when 45s and 46s and 47s showed up, it was actually an exciting thing
instead of the dread of the same darn copper penny

sprchng said:

Agree! Heck, I dig 12-3 signals as I am afraid of missing a nickel 3 cent or nice relic.