Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Merc, Silver pendant, Watch and more

Old coin hunter

Well it's been several weeks since i've been detecting so i went to a new small yard to give it a shot and found these things. Merc, Silver pendant, belonged to Jane, Watch, Buttons, Avon lipstick sampler, wheat and a railroad lock. The watch doesn't have anything on it to attach it to a wrist band or something else, help me here.The lock doesn't have a key hole that i can find, maybe some kind of a seal, I don't know.The kinda triangle shaped thing was made in Japan and is quite heavy, maybe top to something. Got just a little more to finish up the yard and i'll see what else i can find. HH Jim.

Attachments

• Merc Silver Pendant Watch #1 5-2-2021.jpg
    Merc Silver Pendant Watch #1 5-2-2021.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Merc Silver Pendant Watch 5-2-2021.jpg
    Merc Silver Pendant Watch 5-2-2021.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Pendant Before #1.jpg
    Pendant Before #1.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Pendant Before #2.jpg
    Pendant Before #2.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Buttons 5-2-2021.jpg
    Buttons 5-2-2021.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Lock and Other stuff 5-2-2021.jpg
    Lock and Other stuff 5-2-2021.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 94
Super sweet finds! I love the railroad lock!

Confused here..... is it an RR lock? Says Road and Bridge Dept.... I remember metal boxes at the bases of old bridges or at traffic lights and intersections so the lights could be adjusted. Could it be one of those locks?

Confused here..... is it an RR lock? Says Road and Bridge Dept.... I remember metal boxes at the bases of old bridges or at traffic lights and intersections so the lights could be adjusted. Could it be one of those locks?
Could be Ron, says So Pacific Co and on line shows under RR Lock. Who knows. Jim

Found this..http://antique-padlocks.com/rr_s.htm

look half way down the column.....

Attachments

• 98A1CE34-25B1-4B5D-ADEC-20FC70F436CF.png
    98A1CE34-25B1-4B5D-ADEC-20FC70F436CF.png
    746.4 KB · Views: 70
My guess is that it is from the Road and Bridge Department "in" the Southern Pacific Railroad Company. Railroad lock all the way. A very neat find.