Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Merry Christmas and my two cents worth

cragar21

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Years! I was able to make it out today after our Christmas dinner. Went to an old park that I have found many coins ranging from early 1900s but haven't found anything dating to original date of park until today. The town was established in the 1860s and park was made not long after the town was established. The signal was 12-40 12-41 at about 7 inches, but had 17 inch coil on so I figured it would be clad at about 4 or 5 inches. Seems like depth is always off when using 17 inch coil maybe its just me. So I was excited when I dug the plug and could barely hear a sound with the pin pointer. The two center was down at about 6-7 inches only second one I have ever found. This one has a date as well 1864. Love finding them old coins at parks that have been hammered. HH.

Wow nice find!
I'm not even sure I would have a chance at that coin in my area. It's hard to break in to the 1800s
here in eastern Washington.
I'm not a coin expert but you might get it checked out.
There are two verities of that coin.
1964 "small motto" starts around $200 where the "large motto starts around $15 or so.
Again great find and a great Christmas present.
Bryan