Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Merry Christmas !!!!

jbow

Today... January 7, is Christmas day for Eastern Orthodox and Russian Ortohdox churches. Eastern Orthodox Christianity IIRC, was built on the ministry of John the apostle.

So... Merry Christmas again.

Julien

and to you also, Julien! May you have a great new year in the Lord! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

We should celebrate all year long!

I agree, I didn't know about the "other" Christmas until yesterday. The weight of what I don't know is amazing... BTW, I am not Eastern Orthodox. I started out Southern Baptist, went through the AOG, through the small Charismatic churches, to a Spirit filled Southern Baptist church, to a Calvary Chapel, to looking again... these days I find myself to be a real oddity.. a spirit-filled reformed believer. I am reading through the 1599 Geneva Bible right now and read the daily devotions of Table Talk magazine from Ligonier ministries and R.C. Sproul... though we disagree on the gifts of the Spirit, we agree on fundamental doctrine. I've also been reading a lot of books by the Puritan writers of yesteryear.

Anyway.... EVERY DAY...

I have always thought that the Sabbath is every day to the Christian. To the Jews it was the 7th day and many Christians see it as the first day of the week but, the way I see it... the Sabbath... for those in Christ is every day... for we have ceased from our labors if we are in Christ... but that is a hard one to grasp, at least for me.
As soon as I got freely justified, by grace through faith.. I set about to "do right", to just do God's will, until of course I fell flat on my face because I was unable to be good.
It has taken me years, decades... to begin to understand that not only are we justified by faith but we are also sanctified by faith... it is all the gift of God... even though, I well know my faults and my sins are always before me... He has justified me and He has sanctified me through His life, His death, and His resurrection life... and I have ceased from my labors... and every day is the Sabbath... yet still... I keep laying down my cross and going my own way... but He is faithful Who called me... and He is always there to pick me up when I fall... and to carry my cross for me when I lay it down. He picks me up and there it is... for me to take up and follow Him again. He is soooo good to me.

In spite of me... He gets it done. It has taken me most of a lifetime to come to begin to grasp the doctrines of grace.

Yes... every day... is the LORD's day.

Julien

Good post Julien and that is what I believe that every day is the Lord's Day and we should live by the Scriptures and our Lord Jesus' standards! He is our All in all and will see us through to the end, as long as we lean on and trust in Him, for He is the Living Word! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

Sounds like you are doing a lot of studying and learning as you go. Never quit doing that and you are right. This is the day that the Lord hath made. Let us rejoyce and be glad in it!