Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Message for "Diggers"

Hardly a "book". More like roughly a page :biggrin:, because about a third of it by my math was two key re-quotes from somebody in another thread to relate to a point somebody else was trying to make that I also quoted from this thread. Seen plenty of posts much longer than that in various forums.

So is that why you then re-quoted that long "book", so it would be listed twice? Seems like a contrary action to your primary complaint? :shrug: What's worse, complaining about the length of something or putting it in re-runs? :biggrin:

Can't help the modern age of short attention spans due to 30 minute TV shows where people want to know the secret of life before they've finished eating their dinner, 30 second commercials about how some pill (or show) is going to change the world, and texting involving as little letters to spell a word as possible.

I know how to type fast and proper so it only takes seconds to hammer out a response. Reading is also not real time intensive for me. I prefer more meat on the bone than just "this show stinks" or other quips like that. I like to hear more on a topic that interests me than just a bumper sticker thought with no explained perspective of those views.

And far as what doesn't interest me, long post or short, I just use that handy scroll bar over there ----------> that Microsoft had the good thinking to put on a computer window. When something doesn't interest me, rather than complain about it or the details there of, I just scroll right on by. Less fuss that way. Not my place to spell correct, critique, or complain about others posts on a subject that I don't want to read. I just scroll on by as interests dictate...:thumbup:

Critterhunter said:
Hardly a "book". More like roughly a page :biggrin:, because about a third of it by my math was two key re-quotes from somebody in another thread to relate to a point somebody else was trying to make that I also quoted from this thread. Seen plenty of posts much longer than that in various forums.

So is that why you then re-quoted that long "book", so it would be listed twice? Seems like a contrary action to your primary complaint? :shrug: What's worse, complaining about the length of something or putting it in re-runs? :biggrin:

Can't help the modern age of short attention spans due to 30 minute TV shows where people want to know the secret of life before they've finished eating their dinner, 30 second commercials about how some pill (or show) is going to change the world, and texting involving as little letters to spell a word as possible.

I know how to type fast and proper so it only takes seconds to hammer out a response. Reading is also not real time intensive for me. I prefer more meat on the bone than just "this show stinks" or other quips like that. I like to hear more on a topic that interests me than just a bumper sticker thought with no explained perspective of those views.

And far as what doesn't interest me, long post or short, I just use that handy scroll bar over there ----------> that Microsoft had the good thinking to put on a computer window. When something doesn't interest me, rather than complain about it or the details there of, I just scroll right on by. Less fuss that way. Not my place to spell correct, critique, or complain about others posts on a subject that I don't want to read. I just scroll on by as interests dictate...:thumbup:

Wow, you may have insulted me in that post, i don't know? :shrug: almost bored me to sleep trying to read . Happy posting, no insult meant really. Does findmall have a ignore "people responding with a book" button?