Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal detecting in the Rain

Waterdog

Can I hunt in the rain with the XP Deus and the ws-4 headphones. what do you have to make sure is in a plastic bag or ??

You don't want the controller or the puck to get really wet. Stick the controller in your pocket or protect it with a plastic bag. A wide-brimmed hat should keep the WS-4's dry unless the wind is blowing sideways. If the weather is that bad stay home and watch someone else detecting on youtube :thumbup:

Your controller is NOT waterproof. keep it in a dry pocket or a Ziploc bag.
Your WS4's are water resistant and rain will not effect them.
But it's always best to avoid getting them to wet.

I hunt in the rain with my controller in my pocket and WS4s and a ball cap on my head.
If it's raining enough to make me uncomfortable it's time to go in anyway.
Never had any problems.

That's a good question. I've wondered the same. I'd like to hear some more feed back. I know the remote is not water proof. But isn't it water resistant???.

As already mentioned, you can wear a hat or rain coat hood to protect the headphones.

If you want to keep the remote on the machine while it's raining you have two options ...

You can buy a nylon rain and dust cover on line for approx. $15.00 or you can glue the extra "puck" that came with your Deus on the back of a waterproof cell phone case.
You can look up some older posts in this forum from a few years ago to see what model cell phone case is the right size.
Myself, I have both - I always have the rain and dust cover on - I never liked the idea of having an unprotected screen - on any metal detector !

Good Hunting !

i have mine on a lanyard around neck which goes under coat top