Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting Is a Drug..!

Ground is frozen solid here. Supposed to be in a deep freeze the next 10 days. Will probably get to detect end of March or Early April. For those of you in a little warmer climate but still have frozen ground in your yard or at the park.... go to the woods. Often times the leaf litter insulates the ground and its still diggable. Extended my season several weeks. I was able to dig even though we had snow.

Hey save me some stuff!! Trying to get to IA hopefully this summer as Grandparents and my Dad lived in the CharlesCity/Rockford area back in the 1910 to 1935 era before moving to Idaho. Family still lives on the old farm so hoping to take detector when we go. Hopefully snow gone by July/August.....

Hey save me some stuff!! Trying to get to IA hopefully this summer as Grandparents and my Dad lived in the CharlesCity/Rockford area back in the 1910 to 1935 era before moving to Idaho. Family still lives on the old farm so hoping to take detector when we go. Hopefully snow gone by July/August.....
I will be heading up in mid April after the thaw. I’m drooling for some field action. My father in law has been snagging old permissions I’ve been researching from here. And some from old timers who just know stuff

ITS WINTERTIME--we used to have heavy severe snowfalls with bitter cold in ST. Louis, MO after I graduated high school & moved there--My oldest daughter was born Feb 1, 1956 wth snow on the ground & very cold weather! We haven't had weather like that for a long time --she is now 65! Even when on the farm the winters were cold with ice & snow in the 40's & 50's keeping schools closed giving my bro & me play time outdoors! Used to almost freeze before going indoors with cold swollen red feet & fingers! Oh, how they stung while warming up! Happy hunting & enjoy the SNOW! Ma
Hey Ma, your daughter and I were born 20 days apart. I turn 65 on the 21st of this month. Tell your daughter a Happy Belated Birthday.

Ma i grew up in WV. It got Cold and snowed. Never had a single snow day. I walked 1.25 miles to the two room school with 8 grades in those two rooms. School was always nice and warm because the gentleman who was the janitor was always early and had a roaring fire going in those old pot belly stoves. Granddad made sure the building was warm. Then the first two years of high school we slipped slid and skidded the 18 miles to the school on the old buses. the heater onb them kept the driver warm but there would be ice on the floor once you got back a little ways. When i retired from the Navy i was stationed in Charleston SC. I asked my wife if she wanted to stay here or move elsewhere. She said If you move back to Wv you will move by yourself. That WV girl sure knows how to tell am man the facts. So we are both now totally retired and still living here just outside Charleston. Now i wish someone would explain how i got to be 80 so danged quickly.

I'm going through withdrawals..!! The heavy snows hit the Virginia City, and Carson City, area as well as Lake Tahoe.
I live in Nevada.
I have tomorrow off.... But the ground is frozen..!! Oh my god.... Will I be forced to do "Honey Do's" all day..??
I'm so desperate to metal detect... I've thought about burying coins in the snow, just to see how deep I can find them as an experiment.
Any shallow streams for you to detect?