Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Metal Detecting TV Shows

wvrick

Today Destination America is showing Dig Wars for a few hours, this past week they showed it another day and DigFellas. Might want to keep watch for them, they seem to run for a few hours.

i saw a couple episodes the other night. Kinda corny but still fun to watch.

I saw a new show called "River Hunters" starting soon but it on History Channel UK and not here in the US.

One show, I think DIGFELLAS, most of the time they literally yelled at each other. I still enjoyed the show but it needed to be toned down a little.

The Detectorists it’s a English show it’s pretty funny

If they they do not have a good outcome they cannot get sponsors.
Heaven forbid they show that people work long hours trying to find goodies. (bottlecaps & tabs are not a desired results)
Providing they even have a good site or correct location for specific historical items.

Plenty of river hunting videos on the tube. I've been watching them as I'm also getting into magnet fishing. No batteries needed.

I concur with Doc. I had a permission to hunt a one acre lot where according to the lady of the house that confederate soldiers camped there. The Husband say ONE episode of Diggers and banned me from his property. He said there was no way that he would allow anyone who acted like that on his property. I could not convince him that I was not an idiot like those two.

doc holiday232 said:
TV shows are staged---does our hobby much more damage than good.

Absolute Truth.
Makes me sad to see some folks i used to respect sell out. Yeah, its just entertainment, but to label it as 'reality'......

Reality television isn't reality at all.

Get your hands on a copy of "The Detectorists". It's much more real than any of the "reality TV" shows that I've seen.

Plus, it's hilarious and the characters are thoroughly endearing, mainly because they are so relatable. They dig a lot of pull tabs, and it's a running gag on the show.

George in SC, maybe the real reason you were banned from the lot was that the owner wanted to detect it for himself. Just maybe. Never could understand why people just can't be honest.

woody said:
George in SC, maybe the real reason you were banned from the lot was that the owner wanted to detect it for himself. Just maybe. Never could understand why people just can't be honest.

Woody I believe it was the idiots on that show that made folks who detect look like fools. He even mentioned a couple of things that they did.