Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Meter or not

My past experience with detecting was with a Fisher 1265. Found a lot without a meter only sounds. Now I have an Equanox. After reading on this forum I see that you cannot always depend on the VDI numbers. Would I be better to hunt old Fisher style? Can't wait to break it out. Only trouble is still snow covered. Thank you

Your assumptions are spot on, my opinion is sound is 75% of the decision tdi 25%. A lot of times I can make the call to dig or not before looking at the screen. I am not saying the tdi is useless because there is a lot of information presented but the numbers can be swayed by orientation, depth and surrounding targets. As a newbie I wouldn't make a lot of changes to the default settings other than basics like noise cancel, volume, # of tones until you get some time in, it is an amazing unit right out of the box. JMO Now go make some noise, like your name!
HH Jeff

Sound that's how I hunt with the nox VDI is second..
Mark

The nox is probably just more sensitive and processing a lot more with the multi frequency and it has to compare all that info.
that is why the Nox is finding more.

I give audio and vdi the same weight whatever the audio is saying the vdi is displaying now if your hearing is not as good as your sight then the vdi would be more important to you . You got two ways of checking the target audio and vdi now audio will trump vdi on really deep targets where it's to deep to get the vdi to show but you still get audio .

As laplander said numbers can be swayed by orientation, depth and surrounding targets.
The same can be said of the audio . sube

My past experience with detecting was with a Fisher 1265. Found a lot without a meter only sounds. Now I have an Equanox. After reading on this forum I see that you cannot always depend on the VDI numbers. Would I be better to hunt old Fisher style? Can't wait to break it out. Only trouble is still snow covered. Thank you
If VDI is off then the tones will probably be off too.

After using the 800 a few times I have found that I am using display to decide what not to dig as opposed to what to dig or I would be digging loads of copper coins because one of my beaches seems to have masses of copper on it and as I am now ancient I don't get tires as soon.