Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MI-6 failing with headphones

Dalpal

Was wondering if anyone else had a problem with the MI-6 failing to communicate with the headphone?. It happens about 20% of the time. Usually will work if I turn the pinpointer off and on.

It does happen now and again, particularly when you switch off the MI-6 for it to revert back to the Deus remote. Starts off with no audio from the detector, then "no coil" appears in the screen, and after a little while the coil eventually reconnects with the serial number reappearing on the screen. Probably occurs 4 or 5 times time for every 50 or so pinpointed targets for me, so personally no big hassle for me. Everytime I turn off the MI-6 I always check the coil on my boot rivets to ensure I have audio back again - saves walking over ground only realise you are not actually detecting anything.

So next time when you are in the field, rather than switch the MI-6 off/on again, just give it a while to see if the coil reconnects and report back your findings.

I have had the pin pointer stop going wireless/connect to the remote twice. Once a week ago and again yesterday. It was working fine after I reloaded 4.0 the first time it happened, until I went out yesterday and right away I could not get the pin point screen when I turned it on. I have switched it on and off countless times and it goes to manual mode but will not show on the remote. Guess I will reload 4.0 again as a user it is my only option, because the pin pointer does not have a reset.
I find the pin pointer instructions confusing and just don't work as described. At least when it decides to go off into the Twilight Zone. Where are the troubleshooting instructions for example on the user guide? Why isn't there help from the XP website. Things weren't supposed to be released until working properly,right!

Yes, I re-installed V4 again and it still doesn't work, was out in the park tonight and out of the blue the thing just wigged out and blasted my ears, it would not respond to any button presses either, half the time no noise, no nothing! Freezes my screen and does weird things!:veryangry:

DEUS has a mind of its own. I made another video of how mine acts, That will go on for a few minutes and then I try to press every button and it eventually stops but starts up again with no sound from pinpointer or controller. Really bummed, I hope they come up with a solution, too late for a refund now. <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/218413967" width="640" height="1138" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p>https://vimeo.com/218413967 XP DEUShttps://vimeo.com.</p>

I tried waiting and it does work occasionally but not always. I noticed when I switch to my 9" coil it connects without issue.

JBM1 said:
No problems at this end.

Thats very strange???

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

You are fortunate then. We who have didn't expect to either but do seem to have varied symptoms. Does anyone know how to get the pin pointer to return to the default or start up position?
This morning I went back to using my Garrett pin pointer, what a relief from the iffiness.

Foiled,
I watched your Video and it looks like maybe one of your buttons is sticking.
Like the " + " button to move through the pre-sets.
just a thought

Definitely not related to the coil/pinpointer changeover issue that I was having, I think Huntingdog's suggestion might be close to the mark. If not, contact XP directly for a possible fix, they may have encountered this issue before, and also have a fix for it. There's no escaping the odd bug on electronic gear, just as with many other high end detectors, though I understand your frustration.

By the way, which coil is it playing up with, is it with the HF 9" coil?

For me is the standard 9" coil. I can't seem to get the dedicated screen after pairing the pin pointer except by accident and when I switch it off the next time I turn the pin pointer on it turns on and the screen does not come up on the remote. Not to fond of these sequential programed devices.

When I change the program by mistake so is it works without the remote I delete it and re-pair it. Much easier than trying to figure it out in the field.

HuntinDog said:
Foiled,
I watched your Video and it looks like maybe one of your buttons is sticking.
Like the " + " button to move through the pre-sets.
just a thought

More than likely, thanks. I talked to Moe today and that's what he suggested. Thinking back that's probably what it is, I remember trying to adjust tones and it wouldn't go up, + button wouldn't work then all the sudden it just took off and wouldn't stop. I'm going out and trying without the controller to see what happens. I'll send it in, he said he'd replace the keypad, all that worry and moaning for nothing. Thanks again.

Goldpick said:
Definitely not related to the coil/pinpointer changeover issue that I was having, I think Huntingdog's suggestion might be close to the mark. If not, contact XP directly for a possible fix, they may have encountered this issue before, and also have a fix for it. There's no escaping the odd bug on electronic gear, just as with many other high end detectors, though I understand your frustration.

By the way, which coil is it playing up with, is it with the HF 9" coil?

It's the 11" coil. Moe called me and said probably keypad issue. No big I guess, I always forget that I really don't need that part to detect so I'll be sending it in, thanks.

I went to a small neighborhood park yesterday evening and right off things connected and worked. It was nice. Found a little clad and just a few inches down at one spot yielded a 1940 nickel and a 58 wheatie.

Listener said:
I went to a small neighborhood park yesterday evening and right off things connected and worked. It was nice. Found a little clad and just a few inches down at one spot yielded a 1940 nickel and a 58 wheatie.

Cool, I took mine out last night and didn't touch the keypad this time, worked for about three hours, then went to adjust some settings and it got stuck again, gotta send the controller back.

Strobing_NYC said:
Take it apart and clear the dirt and stuff behind the buttons. Why be without your remote when it's an easy fix?

I would if it wasn't still in warrantee, XP said they are going to replace the keypad and faceplate.