Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mi-6 volume?

Mark kus

It seems my pinpointer is not as load as it once was anyone have this issue?
I usually use it with just the tone no vibration.
Thanks
Mark

yeah they are weaker in vibration and sound compared to the carrot.. im on my 2nd one they are also buggy at times when paired( gets stuck in pinpoint mode, or freezes up machine) frustrating but its a good pointer overall, wish thye made them more audible and stronger vibration.. when mine bugs out (brand new one for my Scotland trip gave me issues) i put it in standalone but mostly i use the pairing mode which came in handy when i misplaced it a few times and could use the research function to find it

yeah they are weaker in vibration and sound compared to the carrot.. im on my 2nd one they are also buggy at times when paired( gets stuck in pinpoint mode, or freezes up machine) frustrating but its a good pointer overall, wish thye made them more audible and stronger vibration.. when mine bugs out (brand new one for my Scotland trip gave me issues) i put it in standalone but mostly i use the pairing mode which came in handy when i misplaced it a few times and could use the research function to find it
bigelow, do you find that it helps with depth or locating deep target when paired?
I’m still on the fence about one.

bigelow, do you find that it helps with depth or locating deep target when paired?
You didn’t ask me Tony but I’ll add my 2 cents anyway.
I’ve only used the pinpointer paired but even set at maximum you’ll find I think that The coil will outdistance the pinpointer. I’ve had to learn to trust what my coil told me when it says there’s a target down there and keep digging.
I run mine at 45 most of the time. I like the pinpointer a lot and I really like the feature of hitting the button and tuning it down to really narrow down on the target.
I don’t like it’s fussiness in pairing sometimes.
But having the audible in my headphones is worth it to me.
Run silent
Run deep

You didn’t ask me Tony but I’ll add my 2 cents anyway.
I’ve only used the pinpointer paired but even set at maximum you’ll find I think that The coil will outdistance the pinpointer. I’ve had to learn to trust what my coil told me when it says there’s a target down there and keep digging.
I run mine at 45 most of the time. I like the pinpointer a lot and I really like the feature of hitting the button and tuning it down to really narrow down on the target.
I don’t like it’s fussiness in pairing sometimes.
But having the audible in my headphones is worth it to me.
Run silent
Run deep
Great movie Tbone1 - Run Silent Run Deep!
I get the coil is deeper than pinpointer. Compared to other pin pointers when paired to D2 does it get better depth?

Great movie Tbone1 - Run Silent Run Deep!
I get the coil is deeper than pinpointer. Compared to other pin pointers when paired to D2 does it get better depth?
I would say no it does not get better depth than other pin pointers.
But I’ve never done any detailed tests

you can adjust sensitivty to 50 so i think you can get a little more depth paired

I would say no it does not get better depth than other pin pointers.
But I’ve never done any detailed tests
I tested {air} 4 brands one time. they were all maxed out on sensitivity. They were the Whites TRX. Minelab pro-35, a Garrett pro carrot and the Deus {unpaired}. The subject was a dime and a quarter cut hammered. The coins were tested flat out then on edge with the probe centered and straight on results were remarkably similar.
HH Jeff