Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Miccus SR71 headphones Bluetooth 4.2 version?

88junior

After the recent Minelab updates are your Miccus headphones working good? After communication with Miccus they seem to think that their version 5 Bluetooth headphones don't work due to the recent Minelab updates. I'm thinking it's due to the version 5 Bluetooth updates to their headphones though. So that is why I am asking how your version 4.2 Miccus sr71 headphones are working. Thanks Morgan

Morgan,

Are you saying that the new Miccus version 5 Bluetooth phones won't work with the 2.0 upgrade for the Equinox? I am almost sure that I read somewhere that someone got the new version 5 Bluetooth phones from Miccus, and they worked perfectly with the Equinox, but I think that was BEFORE the 2.0 Equinox upgrade.

I will be interested to hear if someone can confirm that the NEW Miccus SR-71 phones (with v. 5 Bluetooth) work with the NEW Equinox 2.0 upgrade...

Steve

Steve I bought a new set of the Miccus sr71 version 5 Bluetooth headphones and they are a pain to get to pair and when they do pair theysound horrible and the audio is all broken and distorted sounding. And this is with version 1.5 ,1.75 and version 2.0 on the Nox.

88junior --

My guess would be that you got a bad pair, but I could be wrong, of course. Again, I am almost sure I read in another place that someone used a pair of the new version 5 Bluetooth phones with the Equinox, with very good results. I'll see if I can find the post, to confirm.

Steve

Steve they pair and sound great with other Bluetooth devices like my phone and tablet but they sound like crap connected to the Nox. It's just strange.

I bought mine 12/1/18.
They are working fine, I just tried them.
I did the latest update.

See Miccus is saying that the recent Minelab updates is the issue but I am about positive it's Miccus's issue of going from 4.2 to 5.0 Bluetooth even though Miccus said that the 5.0 version is backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.1 & 4.2.

I use mine for music and gaming. They sound great with everything except the metal detector. Other headphones (especially wired ones) sound 10x better on the Equinox.

I got the SR-71 a month or so ago. will not pair with the 800 under any versions and Miccus customer support does not know why this is happening.

So I just use them with the WM-08 module which gives me good audio and fast response.

I just purchased a pair of Miccus SR-71, 5.0 and they will not pair with my 600. My 600 is running the 1.75 version.

MidTN said:
I just purchased a pair of Miccus SR-71, 5.0 and they will not pair with my 600. My 600 is running the 1.75 version.

Why haven't you updated your Equinox to 2.0? I would suggest you do the update and then try your headphones!

chuckciao said:
MidTN said:

Why haven't you updated your Equinox to 2.0? I would suggest you do the update and then try your headphones!

I downloaded the upgrade and the headphones will not pair with my 600.

sgoss66 said:
88junior --

My guess would be that you got a bad pair, but I could be wrong, of course. Again, I am almost sure I read in another place that someone used a pair of the new version 5 Bluetooth phones with the Equinox, with very good results. I'll see if I can find the post, to confirm.

Steve

Steve,

I have the latest version of the SR-71 and they don't pair with my 800. Miccus customer support tried, but says they don't know why this is happening.

I just use the SR-71 with my WM-08 and I am ok with that.

John

When you went to pair them did you hold the power button down the whole time on the headphones and turn on the equinox and the bluetooth button with
your other hand while still holding down that button on the headphones?