Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Midnight Run :detecting:

Lakota

So I made a night of last night on an age unknown football field I haven't gotten to hunt before.

So lots of nickels start coming up with dates in the 70's and 60's , so I was beginning to have hope of a chance at a silver Rosie or maybe, FINALLY at long last my first silver quarter lol still can't believe I haven't found one of those.

Any who plenty of coins and trash ( possible gold targets) were dug and at 2 am I got a solid high tone on the F 75, pin point at 6-7. I had a 1975 Washington come in at a solid 8" earlier in the night, So I didn't think much of the signals chances at being silver. But we can hope huh?

Pop the plug pro point keys in on the target in the plug and out pops a little silver dime " Wo0t I new there had to be a Rosie here" was my thought. Under closer exam I didn't see a face on it as I carefully removed the dirt. Then "1877" comes into view :surprised: and I clearly made out a lovely seated lady and Boys Let me tell you what!! You Couldn't Have Removed The Smile On Me With A Chainsaw hahahaha.
That is now not only my first 1800 silver and my first seated but also my oldest coin.

I ended up pushing forward for another hour till loss of feeling in my fingers forced me home.
No other holders coins were found, not one wheatie.

Happy holidays boy and girls and safe travels,

Lakota

P.S. Sorry been so long since posting pictures. So my pics of the pile of goods and bad aren't uploading due to size.

Thanks guys , the next 30-40 minutes after the seated was pure " I'll dig anything" type mentality haha.

Coin Rescue, I am still squrrieling away my upgrade funds for the 75. At this moment its still a standard running the 5"-11" & 13" Detech coils. Had the 11" on last night, running at 95 sens , 4 disc in 3 tone DE mode.

Doing Xmas with my family today so it took a little while to tally the clad. 17 Q, 16 D, 12 N and 22 good Pennies. Just threw out all the crap rotted zinc, my guess would be over 50 of them though ( really wanted that lost chunky gold)

Lakota

Ok, just curious.
After the upgrade I found my first 1800's silver coin.
Wondering if there is a pattern afoot.
Nice find again

Well depth and accurate ID always play their part. I have found 7" is the average in my stomping grounds for silver dimes. There have been some exceptions to that on the deeper side. My hopes are some locations that I know have had fill dirt put on old ground with emi issues may blossom with the upgrade.

I have learned a while back on my most productive silver coin location to trust my 75s tones and not so much the numbers because the wheats and silvers reach to a none accurate ID depth there, it was curiosity that first taught me the lesson and repeated success after the first experience that reinforced this habit.

But this 1877 seated might have been lost more recently or something, just figured a coin of that age would have been deeper. Of course this ground may have been wooded before it became a school ball field. And I'm enjoying some long lost hunters misfortune. Sure hope after the first of the year to get mine upgraded so we all can start bouncing good info off of each other.

Lakota

n/t

Congratulations on an outstanding find and on your Night Hunting abilities!:clapping: :drool:
Mud

Those seated dimes don't come around too often. Nice going! :cheers:

tabman