Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab 8 inch fbs coil.

jd88047

Today I was able to test my third coil on the Etrac. The 8 inch coil did really good. I was in TTF on a relice program. Might as well run open screen. I dug every signal. It was dark the first two hours and finding small bits and pieces in a tot lot was challenge. I post my finds in the Todays Finds forum if you want to see them. I dont like double or cross posting stuff. I think its tacky.

Here is my thoughts on the 8 inch coil. The coil balanced out the etrac and was lighter than my stock 11 inch or coiltec 6 inch treasure seeker. It was deep at 6 to 8 inches. It separated well, and sensitive enough to pick up the back of a gold earring. It hit hard on gold, and I was glad. The 8 inch covers a little more ground than the 6 inch coil. The coil is small enough that pinpointing was not needed. I have one issue with it, I could not get within 2 feet of the large iron play equipment. But I can live with that. Hope this helps someone in the future.