Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MINELAB CTX 3030 UNEARTHS MAJOR TREASURE IN MEXICO

wvrick

I hope this is not a repost. I get the Minelab newsletter and this came today.

*correction* it was on their Facebook page.

Minelab Newsletter

yes it must have been the 48 inch coil..what's this out in the middle of the desert? Were they looking for any sound at all coming to detector that may indicate metal. Something seems a bit fishy to me

wait I know he was dowsing for it!

:poke:

haha just kidding guys

Yea, when I read the story on the internet I told my son they were full of C

awesome find regardless of the depth...

Just for anyone new to the CTX ,no there is not a 48 inch coil available.

Wish they would have included more info, like, if they dug down 5 feet first then the detector picked it up? At 6 feet I would be amazed any signal at all got through, or possibly were they also using another detector like one that uses other technology, sorry but at the moment I cant think of what its called but typically gold and beach hunters use them and dig all because it don't discriminate...bate it when this happens LOL. Pulse Induction, that's it! Whew.

I have detected in different places in Mexico and I have dug up large relics at about 3-4 feet with inferior detectors. I found what looked like a large 2ft by 2ft wheel blender blade looking piece I attribute the depth reading capability to HOW LONG the target has been underground and soil type. Just like how nice the corroded pennies sound here in the US, I have pulled those buggers out of the sand at 12-15 inches here in cali. Thats just my 2 "corroded" cents on this story. I believe it.
HH

2 feet I can't believe 4 feet, maybe if there was a large piece and I mean large piece of iron possibly maybe but I would still have my doubts, 6 feet no way unless maybe they were digging up an army tank.

Whoops in my last post I meant to say
two feet I can believe.

After 2 feet of digging, I would of thought it was a Soda can.