Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Death Match

reffitt20

Now that Ctx3030 Has had time to get it's feet wet I want to pose a question to you guys.

If price didn't matter is the 3030 better than the etrac?,,,significantly?,,,Pros and cons from each machine for you people who have actually used both extensively?

That's already been hashed over from here till Sunday---many times.--------Do a search---you should/will find all the info you need in this regard.

Etrac just has the tones and sings better IMO. I will be a devoted Etrac man until they come out with a truly game changing machine that surpasses both the current Etrac and CTX in depth and performance.

roadapple said:
Etrac just has the tones and sings better IMO. I will be a devoted Etrac man until they come out with a truly game changing machine that surpasses both the current Etrac and CTX in depth and performance.

Me too.

I think Minelab made a mistake with the CTX , its not so much the capability but the menu and gizmo's , weight and the price.
Anyway its here now and Minelab have to now consider all the rest of us that don't want the CTX .

ET is the best , easier to set up , less of a cumbersome machine , same depth and most other settings are the same other than the tones .
All the ET needs is Ground Balance , 2 target track and the ability to set tones to different smaller areas than the CTX can do. The Minelab will see sales pick up again like they were when the ET first came out.

Nuke em said:
roadapple said:

The Minelab will see sales pick up again like they were when the ET first came out.

Not if they continue to lie/mislead customers, in order to sell machines like they have regarding software updates (dragging their feet, been close to 3 years now) for the CTX 3030!

JMHO, and I've been a Minelab man since they first came out! HH

I don't think Minelab brought out the CTX so it could have Deus type upgrades , it was more to do with people getting program's from Minelab or other people like Slow and Low "UK" or Gordon Heritage "UK" or others that do video's and are working with Minelab .
I have never wanted all the GPS and stuff and the computer side of things and never used the computer cable on the ET either .
It seems to be the thing now with Minelab and now they are bringing out a cheapie machine with Blue Tooth which I have never had any idea about , it now seems Minelab are run by geeks for geeks and that will put many off .
As for lying to us , not sure about that ? I think its about ignoring us a lot of the time and not having people on the forums that keep in touch with the troops on the ground .
Its no wonder so many here in the UK and else where have gone over to other makes of machine.

Nuke em said:
I don't think Minelab brought out the CTX so it could have Deus type upgrades , it was more to do with people getting program's from Minelab or other people like Slow and Low "UK" or Gordon Heritage "UK" or others that do video's and are working with Minelab .

As for lying to us , not sure about that ? I think its about ignoring us a lot of the time and not having people on the forums that keep in touch with the troops on the ground .
Its no wonder so many here in the UK and else where have gone over to other makes of machine.

Here is their advertisement brochure for the CTX 3030 which was a major selling point, using such terms as "Software Upgradeable & Future Proofing, etc! To their credit they did provide one upgrade (Oct 31, 2012) a few months after the CTX 3030 release, to fix several obvious short comings/problems. Since then despite numerous requests from users (based on their field experiences) for useable/common sense updates to improve this (already good) $2500.00 Mercedes Detector, they to use your words have "ignored us". Though they have had the time during this period to release three completely new machines, no time it appears to provide updates to improve their Flagship Detector. As a computer engineer who developed/designed/programmed computers for 30 years (including micro programming the Powerful ARM processor which drives the CTX 3030), I can only see this as "foot dragging". If I had access to their Specifications/Micro Code/Data Flow (which is proprietary of course) I have no doubt that I could program in/test many of the user requested updates/changes in as little time as a few months. JMHO, HH.

http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/115754/ctx-3030-upgrade-brochure.pdf

I must have missed that stuff about updates then , but its been a while since I sold mine and stayed with the E.Trac that for me is perfect . Well almost :)