Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox 600 compared to Minelab Equinox 700

Ted S

I haven't seen much on the new 700. We have a ways to go before we can dig in N.E. Iowa. My 600 got me over 20.00 in clad in 2022 and 30 silvers. I am happy with the 600 and other than the expanded target id on the 700 I don't know if I can justify the 700. Thoughts and opinions please!

Nothing wrong with your 600 just keep it …..only improvement with the 700 will be the better Carbon shaft system

if you like to Cherry pick ….the expanded vdi will help ……700 comes with wireless headphones now .

Waiting to see if the FE is better ……….knocking out steel bottle caps better than the 600 …..not enough user info on that yet.

The 700’s affordable price makes it tempting.

A buddy said the 700 didn't have something the 600 has. I'm sorry but I don't recall what it was but it was important to him and enough that he wouldn't change

I really don't see the need for the vibrating handle or a light for night hunting. I do have a problem once in a while with the bottle caps but not enough to justify extra money.

I haven't seen much on the new 700. We have a ways to go before we can dig in N.E. Iowa. My 600 got me over 20.00 in clad in 2022 and 30 silvers. I am happy with the 600 and other than the expanded target id on the 700 I don't know if I can justify the 700. Thoughts and opinions please!
Sounds like you are doing fine with that 600 Ted.
I’m using the 800 and have no plans to switch anytime soon.
I have only been detecting for about 15 years and used several different detectors during that time, and for me, I have never been as impressed with a detector as I have with the Equinox.
It is very versatile also and I have not had the issues others have with it… only downside to me is that it is advertised as water proof, but due to reported leaks, I do not plan to use mine underwater.

Felix...My clad count is down almost half from last year. I try to concentrate on places that will get me a silver coin. I know there are folks that find over 100 silvers a year. I am trying for 50 myself. As far as clad goes I could probably get a 5 quart pail full! But there's no excitement to that. What excites me is a Barber dime or such out of places that have been hit hard! And I have never used my 600 underwater and don't plan on it. It got soaked a few times from rain but that isn't the same as an underwater dunk!:)

Felix...My clad count is down almost half from last year. I try to concentrate on places that will get me a silver coin. I know there are folks that find over 100 silvers a year. I am trying for 50 myself. As far as clad goes I could probably get a 5 quart pail full! But there's no excitement to that. What excites me is a Barber dime or such out of places that have been hit hard! And I have never used my 600 underwater and don't plan on it. It got soaked a few times from rain but that isn't the same as an underwater dunk!:)
5 quarts worth of clad would get me pretty excited, but I get what you are saying… it is fun seeing an old coin pop out of the dirt…. Especially in sites that have been pounded by other over the years.
I am up to 26 silver coins this year, but have over three quart jars full of clad.
I have a few more days before the year ends and it is supposed to warm up nice the next few days… hopefully I can score another silver coin or two.

Sounds like you are doing fine with that 600 Ted.
I’m using the 800 and have no plans to switch anytime soon.
I have only been detecting for about 15 years and used several different detectors during that time, and for me, I have never been as impressed with a detector as I have with the Equinox.
It is very versatile also and I have not had the issues others have with it… only downside to me is that it is advertised as water proof, but due to reported leaks, I do not plan to use mine underwater.
I guess I didn't research the nox close enough to see/read all the peoples issues with the leaking problems this detector has/had. I bought my 600 about a week before the manticore was being talked about its upcoming release. I haven't dunked mine yet but will next season up lake Erie. If it leaks, it gets sent back however many times it takes to correct the problem. Hope I won't have to tho.

Mark ( ohio )

I guess I didn't research the nox close enough to see/read all the peoples issues with the leaking problems this detector has/had. I bought my 600 about a week before the manticore was being talked about its upcoming release. I haven't dunked mine yet but will next season up lake Erie. If it leaks, it gets sent back however many times it takes to correct the problem. Hope I won't have to tho.

Mark ( ohio )
There is quite a bit of debate over the leak issues, but the there is no doubt that some have leaked.
Reports of them leaking were coming in before I bought mine in late 2019…. Other issues were being talked about too, although I have not had any issues so far.
Performance wise it has been a great detector and I have no regrets about buying one.

There is quite a bit of debate over the leak issues, but the there is no doubt that some have leaked.
Reports of them leaking were coming in before I bought mine in late 2019…. Other issues were being talked about too, although I have not had any issues so far.
Performance wise it has been a great detector and I have no regrets about buying one.
Felix, i have no regrets either. The detector seems to be very capable indeed. I came from an explorer and ex II that I had so many detecting hrs on I knew those units better then my own brother. Since my unit is a late run detector, maybe some "tweeks" were made at the factory to cure the leaking issues. I believe the coil ears were problematic too ??

Well see soon enough. Mark ( ohio )

Felix, i have no regrets either. The detector seems to be very capable indeed. I came from an explorer and ex II that I had so many detecting hrs on I knew those units better then my own brother. Since my unit is a late run detector, maybe some "tweeks" were made at the factory to cure the leaking issues. I believe the coil ears were problematic too ??

Well see soon enough. Mark ( ohio )
Yes…. The coil ears broke too, but as I stated before, I have not had any issues with mine.
Coming from the Explorers, that is a pretty strong statement you made about liking the Equinox.
I have not owned any of those, but I did use a Sovereign and made some good finds with it too, but this Equinox in my opinion is much more versatile… and lighter too.

Yes…. The coil ears broke too, but as I stated before, I have not had any issues with mine.
Coming from the Explorers, that is a pretty strong statement you made about liking the Equinox.
I have not owned any of those, but I did use a Sovereign and made some good finds with it too, but this Equinox in my opinion is much more versatile… and lighter too.
It’s easier to cherry pick quarters too 🫢

Oh, the explorers were beasts of detecting machines. But as age kept creeping up the weight of the unit just got too great for hrs of hunting at a time. Can't wait to try the nox out on a salt beach. Nex summer some time.

The expanded TID is nice for sure and I like the orange lit up key pad for night detecting the better handle and the coil ears used to flex just looking at them
on my 800 you can't bent these!
Mark

Nox comparison.jpg