Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox 800 finds 1,200 GOLD STATERS!!!!

That' s a nice haul. Staters are amazing to hold after being lost for so long. I was lucky enough to find a few but 1200 WOW!

Wonder if its too late to change my vacation plans from Oregon to England......

Damn. Very cool!!!

Wonder if its too late to change my vacation plans from Oregon to England......

I'd change vacation plans for a chance at digging up something like that...too bad anything of 'historical significance' or value dug up in England stays in England (unless the finder can shut up about their find and somehow smuggle it out of the country) There are many stories of the British government seizing the good stuff. MD'ing in England amounts to slave labor. But at least you'll be allowed to keep the rusty nails and pull tabs.

Damn. Very cool!!!

I'd change vacation plans for a chance at digging up something like that...too bad anything of 'historical significance' or value dug up in England stays in England (unless the finder can shut up about their find and somehow smuggle it out of the country) There are many stories of the British government seizing the good stuff. MD'ing in England amounts to slave labor. But at least you'll be allowed to keep the rusty nails and pull tabs.
The only time the finder looses their finds is if they try and hide it. Not long ago some people were jailed for doing that, they tried to sell loads of gold coins off. Any finds declared treasure trove is handed in to the authorities after which an independent committee works out how much the items are worth and the proceeds split between the farmer and the finder with the possibility of being able to keep a few coins. Hope this is of help. Have a Good Christmas

That is a pretty good explanation of the PAS {Portable Antiquities Scheme} where national treasure stays where it rightfully should. My only complaint is it is a typical Government bureaucracy and is painfully slow LOL As a veteran of more than 10 trips detecting it is hard work detecting but not slave labor. I would recommend a reputable contact in the UK to help navigate the PAS system.
HH Jeff

That is a pretty good explanation of the PAS {Portable Antiquities Scheme} where national treasure stays where it rightfully should. My only complaint is it is a typical Government bureaucracy and is painfully slow LOL As a veteran of more than 10 trips detecting it is hard work detecting but not slave labor. I would recommend a reputable contact in the UK to help navigate the PAS system.
HH Jeff
Quite right about pas being very slow. A friend of mine found a Roman ring on a Cornish beach, it took over two years before he got the pay out.