Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox tone volume.

Beyonder

This little feature has seemed to slipped in under the radar. Adjust the tone volume for ferrous can create like a 1n on the f75 ltd or a iron control volume like on a Racer 2 or Impact. What is the difference you ask? With precise TID running wide-open with low or no iron tone and a high reactivity, this machine should be unbeatable in iron infested sites. Pretty exciting if you ask me.

Is that something the EQ has? I must have missed that when looking over the specs.

correct! the 800 does

I saw it has tone volume, I just assumed that meant volume for all tones, not select. You're tight, that would be a great feature!

wow ... very interesting...

Beyonder said:
This little feature has seemed to slipped in under the radar. Adjust the tone volume for ferrous can create like a 1n on the f75 ltd or a iron control volume like on a Racer 2 or Impact. What is the difference you ask? With precise TID running wide-open with low or no iron tone and a high reactivity, this machine should be unbeatable in iron infested sites. Pretty exciting if you ask me.

Yes I see Tone Volume: Ferrous for the 600. Also, pitch, break and 50 tones for the 600! The 800 has additional settings for non-ferrous.

I've seen some carping about only having a 50 point VDI system (-9 to 40) ironically from experienced hunters who claim they don't "see" the numbers but only use tones. The tone settings on Nox look promising , threshold pitch and break point adjustment being the ones that catch my eye the most. Hopefully ML has been able to preserve and transfer the lion's share of the tonal DNA from the Explore/Etrac series into the Nox.:thumbup:

sprchng --

Tones are where it's at, I agree, and a big part of why we all love Minelab units. If they get the tonal DNA, as you put it, into the Equinox, I'll be a very happy camper.

BUT...

Even for a "tone hunter," the "resolution" in the numerical ID can still be a big deal. If I hit a nice, round-sounding mid tone, I know that on my Explorer a 10-04 or 10-05 is USUALLY a ring tab or beaver tail, while an 09-06 or 10-06 is OFTEN a nickel. Meanwhile, an 09-07 or 09-08 is USUALLY a "rectangular tab" off of a modern Coke can. Can a gold ring hit at 10-04, 10-05, 09-06, 10-06, 09-07 or 09-08...of course. But having really high resolution through the mid-tone range is still helpful...

Steve

sgoss66 said:
sprchng --

Tones are where it's at, I agree, and a big part of why we all love Minelab units. If they get the tonal DNA, as you put it, into the Equinox, I'll be a very happy camper.

BUT...

Even for a "tone hunter," the "resolution" in the numerical ID can still be a big deal. If I hit a nice, round-sounding mid tone, I know that on my Explorer a 10-04 or 10-05 is USUALLY a ring tab or beaver tail, while an 09-06 or 10-06 is OFTEN a nickel. Meanwhile, an 09-07 or 09-08 is USUALLY a "rectangular tab" off of a modern Coke can. Can a gold ring hit at 10-04, 10-05, 09-06, 10-06, 09-07 or 09-08...of course. [size=large]But having really high resolution through the mid-tone range is still helpful...[/size]

Steve

That is where I am hoping the ability to change frequencies will really show it's advantage.