Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Equinox vdi numbers on Gold

Waterdog

Would any of you have a good list of vdi numbers on gold rings I can go on ? I found one piece of Gold that red 11-12, but that's all I got.

Would any of you have a good list of vdi numbers on gold rings I can go on ? I found one piece of Gold that red 11-12, but that's all I got.
I tested some gold rings with my 800 a few years ago… this may give you an idea…,
IMG_2742.jpeg

Waterdog, you know gold can be almost at any vdi number. I have found 3 gold rings with my Nox 600. 1 came in at 12/13 and another at 13/14....nickel readings. The lower reading was a 14k white gold band and the other a gold band. The other gold ring was a 10k class ring. As I recall, it was around a 20/21 and was expecting a zinc cent. Which, I frequently dig just to get them off a hunting site in hopes something older might be close by. A hunting buddy with a 900 found a hefty 14k gold band with 16 vdi. Most of my gold comes when digging nickel and cent readings. HH jim tn

Waterdog, you know gold can be almost at any vdi number. I have found 3 gold rings with my Nox 600. 1 came in at 12/13 and another at 13/14....nickel readings. The lower reading was a 14k white gold band and the other a gold band. The other gold ring was a 10k class ring. As I recall, it was around a 20/21 and was expecting a zinc cent. Which, I frequently dig just to get them off a hunting site in hopes something older might be close by. A hunting buddy with a 900 found a hefty 14k gold band with 16 vdi. Most of my gold comes when digging nickel and cent readings. HH jim tn
The first year I used my 800, I found 423 nickels… not one piece of gold… matter of fact, I am still searching for my first piece of gold with the equinox.. maybe this year..🤔

2nd day out with the Nox I got a 11-12 hit on it and it turned out to be a 14 kt gold pendant that weighed 3.3 grams ! :) I know I have a Good machine now.
Not to say I have not found Gold with it, but was wondering what other numbers to look for on the Nox while out with it. I know looking for Gold I might not get to far as there are Many number on the display.
I might be like an Old friend of mine. He never left the shade of a small tree, but several times found gold. I would go out hunting around the baseball diamond, come back to where we started at and there he would be. He would cover maybe 10 to 20 feet.

Way back when I first started, someone told me 'if you are not digging nickels, you're not digging gold' !!!
In all my 20+ years, I only remember 1 gold ring I found in the the nickel zone. It was a bouncing TID #.
Turned out it was a narrow name ring. Cant recall the name now, but I certainly was surprised to see it.

Being a beach hunter, You dig everything but I can almost guess when I have found a gold ring. Its a very smooth and
solid TID. Usually in the mid to low tone area on any Minelab. I have dug some in the zinc range but they were big sizes and
high karat, 22k. They are very few and far between.

Its really tough trying to dig gold in dirt. Ive tried it and just too much trash to dig. Too much can slaw.....

You can always just focus on the low end. When my Nox was working, that 8-12 zone seemed to be a hot spot for gold.
Id get very excited when I got a steady TID and a nice smooth tone.

Find a beach and dig it all !!! Trash is minimal compared to land.

Good Luck,

HH
Donna(NJ)

The first year I used my 800, I found 423 nickels… not one piece of gold… matter of fact, I am still searching for my first piece of gold with the equinox.. maybe this year..🤔
That is an amazing load of nickels you found!!!

Any of the lower readings from 4 to 20 can be gold. My suggestion is try this. I have great results using this method. I have over 100 gold rings 10k to 18k and one gold 24k bar. If a low number is consistant, not jumping numbers, it is usually gold. Works for me.

Attachments

• 285449944_389476413199584_404075409286354337_n.jpg
    285449944_389476413199584_404075409286354337_n.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108