Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Excalibur Questions:shrug:

Dave0

I had the Excalibur out today and I noticed it doing some strange stuff. Just wondering if it is the norm. I noticed that when i would scan from side to side, the threshold would change with no warning. I could run my scoop over the coil and it would go back to normal. Start to scan again and it would do the same thing. I could go over a target and it would pick it up fine. But that threshold thing has me confused. It just came back from Minelab with repairs completed and everything was ok they said. Is this normal or not?:detecting:

might be the minerals in the ground. It always comes back and works fine, if you find anything else out, please post. HH John

Change how? if it goes to a low buzz means you passed over iron, a deep or disced out target, or maybe your swinging too fast for the set sensitivity.

That means it is working. Nulling and changing tones are normal. If you swing over a large target that is discriminated out it will go silent until it resets. Slow down your sweep speed. Lot of minerals and iron around Maryville. HH :minelab:

Where I hunt, the machine will be very stable, and then all of a sudden I may get into a small patch of mineralization(or something), and the machine will go nuts until I get away from that spot.

That can be underground lines for power, cable, or phones. If you get over a spot like that any machine will go nuts.

I have a similar problem. Maybe not a problem. This weekend was my first outting with a used Excalibur 800 and while detecting down at North Myrtle Beach, SC some time the treshold tone would jump up to a higher threshold tone then maybe drop down. I don't know if I was passing over a deep target that I couldn't hear. I'm still going through a little learning curve with the Excalibur.

When my threshold does that I slow down my swing and go over the area again real slow and see if I get a repeatable signal. If so, I dig, if I don't, I move on. Sometimes it will be a real small piece of foil that just drives me crazy. Hope this helps. HH John

John, I have found rings on my MXT that show up as foil, you are right if in doubt dig it.

Gerry