Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab explorer repairs in the usa?

Hi. I have an explorer 2 that needs the external speaker repaired plus just need a good looking over... is there a place in the states that can help? Or?

Ahhhh...the one problem with MineLab. My understanding is their single service center in the US is shut down due to virus and I've been told few (if any) other repair shops do not accept ML equip due to ML will not sell replacement parts to competitors. Love my Etrac, but if all is true...ML doesn't care about their image and apparently "repeat" sales. (n) Sorry, I can't be more help.

https://metaldetectorrepair.com/

MikeO posted this on another thread, they currently do Explorer repairs but....currently means after the Covid19 restrictions etc, they are accepting inquiries at this time but not service till after, one thing, is they are over in UK, but better than no one servicing at all.
Too bad we can't get electronic blueprints for discontinued units but I guess there is too many proprietorial info especially with all the counterfeiting going on.

Yeah I seen Mike's post on that place... its looking like they are my only option when this covid 19 goes away.. I just emailed them so we will see what happens...

Hey mike... the external speaker has basically stopped working. Theres very little sound coming from it...

Here’s some videos that might be helpful to you if you want to pursue fixing it yourself.
Of course these are not specific to your problem but, will help you with feeling comfortable with opening it up in the event you just don’t want to wait until life gets back to normal.

Here’s some videos that might be helpful to you if you want to pursue fixing it yourself.
Of course these are not specific to your problem but, will help you with feeling comfortable with opening it up in the event you just don’t want to wait until life gets back to normal.

Thanks for the videos... I will check them out... might have to open up the explorer and check out the speaker connection.