Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Found Problem With My Sov Elite

del

For those of you following my Sov Elite difficultly...I received a call from Hans (sp?) at Minelab today. He found a bad threshold capacitor. It took a second effort on his part to find it because he initially said he couldn't find a problem and said it sounded like bad batteries. I assured him that I had tried fresh batteries three different times to make sure. He said he'd test it again. He did and I believe he said it took around five hours in the lab to duplicate what was happening to me at around fifteen minutes in the field. He said the faulty capacitor resulted in the loss of threshold. He replaced the capacitor and the threshold stays solid. Hopefully I'll receive it in time to get out this weekend. I'll keep you posted on how it works. del.

Del,

In most cases the Sovereigns are trouble free and once in a while you can get a problem one that has to be repaired. In all the Sovereigns both new and used I have had here I only had one new one XS have a bad sensitivity control. I wish I could say that about some of the other detectors I have here.
I sure hope now this Sovereign will be trouble free for you and you will go on to find some great finds.

Rick