Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab has responded to the 50% more power mystery.

If you'd really like to learn about what makes metal detectors work / 'tick', then I suggest reading a copy of "Inside The Metal Detector", by George Overton and Carl Moreland.
You'll learn about a thousand times more than you would otherwise, hoping to get spoon-fed with YouTube videos.

And who knows....having a little better understanding about what goes on 'behind the curtain' might help you make adjustments to your detector/operation that will increase your effectiveness?

Good luck, and HH,
:)
mike

Here's a video by Merrill, Minelab called him about a video he made calling out the Manticore's 50% more power claim. Looks like we might have some answers tomorrow.

If there isn’t any news today, then we know someone spoofed Merrill with a prank call!
Tony

If you'd really like to learn about what makes metal detectors work / 'tick', then I suggest reading a copy of "Inside The Metal Detector", by George Overton and Carl Moreland.
You'll learn about a thousand times more than you would otherwise, hoping to get spoon-fed with YouTube videos.

And who knows....having a little better understanding about what goes on 'behind the curtain' might help you make adjustments to your detector/operation that will increase your effectiveness?

Good luck, and HH,
mike
I have read the book. Most Metal Detector users won't understand most of what's in the book , i think the authors are both incredibly clever Electronics Engineers.
They both can fix metal detectors that other engineers don't have a clue how to fix. Most of the read though sent me to sleep. Boring as hell.

LOL...I can certainly understand how it could be seen as "Boring as hell" to a non-engineer. :)

As a lifelong Engineer, I found both editions to be a riveting read...but as my wife is fond of reminding me....I WAS dropped on my head as a child!
HH,
mike

Edit:
If a person is interested, the parts I recommend are any explanation of the principals of I.B. (Induction Balance).
It can help dispel a lot of misconceptions about how a detector really sends a signal into the ground.