Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab, if you are listening

JEF

troll
We need a mid size coil that is in between the 6” and 11” coils. The only thing that I don’t like about the Equinox is the lack of coil choices for it. Other than that I really like it.

I agree about the coil.
And while we are at it :
1. A replacement shaft of better quality material and construction and more ergonomic.
2. And 1 replacement control pod up to two years after the warranty goes out if the unit floods.

I too really like this machine. (The technology)
But, I really wish they hadn't constructed it so cheaply. A lot of people have to buy 2 because they can't rely on it. And yes I know it only takes about a week or so to get it fixed but sometimes that doesn't work.

From all reports I've seen Knota is selling the Simplex for half the money and is better constructed. So the Equinox should have the quality we once got from Minelab at the price we are currently paying.
I myself bought a second Equinox when I started seeing all the reports of them flooding, coils and arm cuffs breaking.

I am in the mind to sell my Nox . The issue of not being able to fix after warranty runs out is a big issue with me . I have 2 ET and i know they will be repairable for many years yet even if the warranties are gone. I also see with so many other machines selling at far lower prices and the prices here in the UK at same prices as US but in £ signs instead of $ signs i am thinking buying the Vanquish 540 with the 2 coils .

That machine even though it wont have all the settings and isn't waterproof most likely will be able to be fixed after warranty . And i dont go deep into the water .
Both machines have the same target info and headphones .
The Simplex may look good but i am getting told they aren't that great in every way . But i do like the price and for that they do punch way above their station .

I think i will keep the Nox for the OZ trip next year and see after that , if anything just for the prospecting mode . But then my ORX has that and higher frequencies .

Again we or i can see that no machine is perfect . If a detector company brought out the right machine with the right capability that many or most didn't have so many issues with and most didn't want alternative this or alternative that with then they would wipe the floor with it and most other companies would go bust .
Minelab being shareholder owned shows they dont really think customer like they used too in the old days , more in the order of think company profit at the lowest cost and satisfy the shareholder .

Anyone wonder why Minelab doesn't bring many coils out ? Look at the CTX !!
Because they would step on the toes of their other machines that do have the coils you want for the machine that you have but isn't the right coil for that either . The Nox and Vanquish are prime examples . Why aren't they interchangeable ? Do the Nox and Vanquish have the same frequencies as they are both I.Q. ? I think its if you have the right coils for either of the above machines why buy the other machine ?
The 540 Pro has a good choice in its too but i would like a small 6 in coil too and that is unlikely as that would step on the toes of the sales of the Nox .

If Minelab wondered why other non Minelab companies brought out coils for Minelab machines ? Look no further . We are always saying we want this , we want that . Someone is going to pick up on it . And sorry Findmall but Nel is one of them and they saw it with the Terra's and see it with other brands and models .

Minelab must sort their heads out . The Nox may sell well but if they tie their hands behind their backs on this one it wont be long before they see another company start to muscle in and take sales from them with a better machine with the right coils or someone make coils that Minelab have no control over .
And when Minelab changed the chip in the Terra's too stop Nel coils working in their new machines , it took Nel no time at all to sort that.

Some of what i have said about coil choice has been said elsewhere by a source in the know and i agree with what he says .

We will see in the future on this issue but dont hold your breath , Minelab are pretty slow at times .

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see a mid size coil for the Equinox. I love the machine but the stock coil seems clumsy and awkward to me so I mostly hunt with the 6". I've always preferred an 8 or 9" coil, they just feel (swing) better to me. If that other company that's supposed to working on a SMF machine offers better coil choices once it's introduced I'd probably sell the equinox and buy it.

RichW said:
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think we'll see a mid size coil for the Equinox. I love the machine but the stock coil seems clumsy and awkward to me so I mostly hunt with the 6". I've always preferred an 8 or 9" coil, they just feel (swing) better to me. If that other company that's supposed to working on a SMF machine offers better coil choices once it's introduced I'd probably sell the equinox and buy it.

I prefer the 11 inch coil on any machine. Best for weight verses coverage.

I'm leaning the same way.

I can understand that, many like the big coils. Lots of others like coils in the 8-9 " range. I just wish they would give us a choice.