Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore vs. CTX 3030

joebart2

Not sure if this has been asked or not before, but I'm looking for honest comparisons/advantages of the Manticore vs. CTX 3030. Looking to purchase a new detector and am struggling to pick one over the other. I do live at the beach and although I don't detect on the beach much, I know the CTX can be submerged. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on why one is better than the other. Thanks.

Jmo I would rate Minelab's in this order.
1 manticore
2 equinox 900
3 CTXT
I can base that with list with loads of hours on each unit.
HH Jeff
Where would you say a 1 1/2" gold cross would come in on the Manticore ?
It was a 1/8" 18k solid wire gold woven cross.
With open loops on it's limbs.
Looks something like this. Can't locate a gold one.

Attachments

• il_570xN.3400044942_hann.jpg
    il_570xN.3400044942_hann.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 81
Not sure if this has been asked or not before, but I'm looking for honest comparisons/advantages of the Manticore vs. CTX 3030. Looking to purchase a new detector and am struggling to pick one over the other. I do live at the beach and although I don't detect on the beach much, I know the CTX can be submerged. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on why one is better than the other. Thanks.
I'm in the same situation. I have an Excalibur II which I enjoy and can swing all day with the carbon Anderson shaft, but I feel like sometimes I'm probably walking away from good targets. I have to be a bit more specific when I comes to digging because we have quite a bit of crap on our beaches, but not enough to cause problems with the detector itself.

I mostly do beach work (not surf ) and am starting to do a bit more land.

The price of the CTX 3030 currently in the UK is the same as the Manticore for the standard kit, which I think is bizarre for such old equipment vs new.

I really can't decide between these two.
I noticed the ctx is heavy like the excal II, but it's balanced better. People say the IDing is better with the ctx, which if I'm trying to be selective on dig holes then that would be beneficial, but in the back of my head I'm also thinking is minelab gonna release a new ctx any time. The other argument is that when a new ctx comes, if, then the chances are there will be some cracking deals on the old ctx.

But in all honesty, I think with all these new models now, they're gonna be struggling to design enough new or better features to charge for.

I just read through it. The Enhanced Audio mode has unique behavior but it isn’t the same as Smooth mode. I’d like to try a Manticore. Maybe someone that has one and dislikes it would trade for one of my CTX’s…

I just read through it. The Enhanced Audio mode has unique behavior but it isn’t the same as Smooth mode. I’d like to try a Manticore. Maybe someone that has one and dislikes it would trade for one of my CTX’s…
Try posting in the want adds here.

I ended up getting the Manticore.
On my local mineralised and trashy beach, it was sad to find the excalibur ii is at least as deep and certainly on par stability wise. I'm hoping the more I use the Manticore the more I can tweak the settings and get a bit more from it. I certainly find the 2D display useful but there is alot to learn.

I do think that if you're only beach working, the excal ii with better headphones and better coil would match the Manticore on the beach or even better it.

I think we’re the manticore is best at finding earring and chains then the Excalibur. That’s what I feel stands out
But nowhere an expert