Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

Thinking the same thing. It really is a good detector and If priced right would be a good up grade for many detectorists, however. While I'm not sure I agree with doing a 700 and 900, they are an up grade from the 600 and 800 and give us a couple more options to choose from....and that's a good thing I do believe. HH Jim Tn
I would assume they fixed the leaking issue with the 700 and 900 so the extra money for that alone is worth it imo
$200 difference for an updated model that doesn’t leek would be the way to go.
Now if the price difference was more, for example the 800 drops to $699 i would probably go with the 800 at that point.
Again have to see the “claimed” performance enhancements of the 900. Would be nice to see a comparison between the 900 and 800 now.
So the 700,900 is supposed to be a MC without the 2D that works for me as i have never been big on the whole 2d thing. It appears as a glorified version of the ferro check of the legend which i never really go by.
I think you can rely on a metal detector to tell you pretty accurately if there is metal in the ground but the technology to accurately tell you what kind of metal, i don’t think we are there yet. It’s definitely not good enough for me anyway to spend an extra $600 or 30% for what it is.

Minelab never puts out those videos you are asking for, PRE-release. They didn't with the EQX, either. Anyone who "field tests" the machine, pre-release, is sworn to secrecy by an NDA. They are not ALLOWED to talk. The videos you hope for, are always done POST-release, by customers who purchase the unit, and to that testing. Minelab is very secretive about their tech; they do NOT allow an in-depth performance details to be shown pre-release. They put out videos that show just the basics, and no more, prior to the machine being "on the market."

The videos you want, will come. And I feel confident the Manticore will be more than just "a cosmetic upgrade to the Equinox." :)

Steve
So someone Markus I believe just posted a video of the MC in action in the park.
Thats all I’m talking about something like that but go over the 2d screen thing and show how its working in actual use.
Not asking for trade secrets or anything lol

So the 900 is lighter weight?
Anyone know the actual weight.
I believe the 800 is 2.9 lbs how much lighter can it be.

700 and 900 what are the prices
I have not seen U.S.D. amounts posted yet, but aprox. $300 higher than the 600/800 prices, and aprox. $400 less than the new Minelab Manticore.

Attachments

• prices.jpg
    prices.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 61
Mark, what did you think of his hunt?
Looks nice he stated to he has had the machine awhile
I will wait and see my equinox will be sold and I will own either the 900 or manticore.
The tones alone sound great I’m a tone guy and minelab has the best IMOH
Mark

Last edited:
Looks nice he stated to he has had the machine awhile
I will wait and see my equinox will be sold and I will own either the 900 or manticore.
The tones alone sound great I’m a tone guy and minelab has the best IMOH
Mark
Tones are distinctive for ML.

Has anyone heard a shipping date?
I spoke to 2 dealers yesterday and they had no idea.

Probably be a while, they flood the market with the MC, 700, and 900 they will have to blowout the 600 and 800’s
for like $300 and $500 who would buy one otherwise.
Or probably sent back to the factory to cover all the warranty replacements my guess

Has anyone heard a shipping date?
I spoke to 2 dealers yesterday and they had no idea.
Minelab said they had started shipping Manticores to the US, EU and AUS this last week. Don't know if that is by air or slow boat. Nobody has seen any except in AUS.

The Nox 700 and 900 are probably months away from shipping.

Last edited:
Minelab said they had started shipping Manticores to the US, EU and AUS this last week. Don't know if that is by air or slow boat. Nobody has seen any except in AUS.

Got a good point. Alot of stuff from other countries is shipped literally by cargo ships. Like to see the 900’s get here and in use

Mark Kus posted a video, where IFFY, has confirmed that all 3 (700, 900, and Manticore) are already being shipped!
So, it sounds like they all should be in stock very soon.