Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

Manticore vs. Equinox vs. CTX 3030....???

-The Manticore is 1/2 the price of the CTX3030

-Adds 6' to the underwater rating vs. Equinox (maybe)

-10 User Presets vs. Equinox has 8

-10 User Programs- Nox only has 2

-Enhanced EMI rejection

-100 digit taget I.D. scale

-Weight: Much lighter....

CTX 3030 = 5.20 lbs
Nox 800 =2.96 lbs
Manticore = 2.90 lbs

"MULTI IQ+: Minelab’s revolutionary technology has 50% more power than traditional models and is the highest-powered simultaneous multi-frequency machine on the market"
50% more power than traditional models. Traditional, traditionally, is single frequency. Im not sure a Nox is in the traditional category. So I doubt it'll go say 18" on a target the Nox gets at 12".
Minelabs depth claims over the years have always been overblown. They make great machines but the increases have never been in reality what they claim.

More depth is great.
Looks like they already addressed the coil ear strength.
Probably made improvements on water-proofing ???
Minelab might have a real winner here.

More depth is great.
Looks like they already addressed the coil ear strength.
Probably made improvements on water-proofing ???
Minelab might have a real winner here.
What might the added coils cost if the coil ears are strengthened by this new design. That concerns me.

So far I haven’t heard any real definition of ‘more power’. This is the one thing I want to know about! Considering FCC regulations on transmit power, unless something has changed, the ability to push a signal with ‘more power’ is gonna be hard to get around. ‘More power’ isn’t something manufacturers could not achieve, but something they have not been allowed to. My thoughts are ‘more power’ is going to be defined in terms of processing here, not actual signal. Will we be able tell the difference? Probably not, but I get hung up on semantics, lol…

I’m with ya there. In the goldfields people would ’hotrod’ the older SD machines by amping up battery power, but I don’t know what actual transmit difference there was. On my old 2200 I saw a definite difference from the stock battery to the RC cell 7.4’s though! But that’s old tech, and PI anyway, so not applicable here!

It looks interesting, but I’ll be a wait and see guy. This is what Steve Herschbach had to say on his Detector Prospector site.

“The Minelab Manticore is a new metal detector just introduced in August 2022. Actual availability is as of yet unknown. The Manticore is a fully submersible VLF metal detector aimed primarily at coin, jewelry, relic detecting, and saltwater beach detecting. The Minelab Manticore uses the latest version of Minelab's multifrequency technology, Multi-IQ+

On first glance the detector looks to essentially be an upgraded Minelab Equinox 800. It is probably priced to replace the now discontinued Minelab E-Trac. The price will probably be in the $1500 - $1800 range.

More information will be posted here as soon as it is available.”

Last edited:
The 50% more power is nothing but hype. I was a huge minelab fan swinging the ctx and nox but I'll sit this one out and continue with the Deus II
My understanding is even if it had 50 percent more power it would not equate to 50 percent more depth. In the video when asked about more depth the guy chooses his words carefully, instead of answering he says well it uses more power, the battery is using more power. With the new features and likely increased speed of process it should be an upgrade, but there likely will be little depth increase.

So I heard the testor/engineer say it’s takes 6 to 12 months to fully test a new machine. So that could be why they did the release now - still more testing until final software for deliveries. Hopefully they are making them now for folks who want one of these; that way they only need to update the computer software before shipping.
Also, I found it interesting (not to hang on one item) he said more battery power to the coil, which hopefully means more transmit power. That alone could be a plus.
if anyone finds more test videos please post them

$1599

Unless they have a 5 year warranty, I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. Mine died after 4 years and it was never submerged.
Minelabs build quality is terrible. Think Excalibur before you leap !!! Staying with my D2. Wouldnt look at Minelab again,
unless they can give me a 3D picture of what's in the ground.

HH
Donna(NJ)

I hear everybody talking about “more power”, am I the only one that noticed in the video the engineer said “the same as the CTX”? I have a CTX, it has GPS which is something I use on every hunt, and something nobody has mentioned about this one, a field replaceable battery. From what I have seen about this one, it’s definitely not a replacement for the CTX, it seems more like for one of the lower end models. I’ll hold out for a true CTX replacement, until then I’ll use the GPX 5000, the Excalibur 2, the Deus 2, or my old CTX…

He also mention 50% more power is flowing to the coil compared to the equinox