Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

Awesome

I’m gonna wait a good while to see results. Right now the Deus II is in my sights but I’m still in ‘wait mode’ there too. If they’re equal performers I’ll go Deus due to wireless. I’m a little different since I don’t hunt parks or very many high use areas - except beaches - in search of what others missed. I’m a backcountry hunter (for everything really), so some of the bells and whistles just don’t matter as much. Plus I’ve already modified my equinox to compensate for the issues that are known on that machine, and it does well for my uses. I‘m kind of following the idea that if the gains are marginal, I won’t spend the money, but if it is truly exceptional then I will. And yes I will be watching calabash’s videos on the unit while not giving a flying rats behind whether he was given one or bought it himself…
The D2 is great! Especially at the beach but there’s one thing that’s winning me over with the Manticore .It has a way better visual screen with larger, clearer imagining than the D2 . Much better in my opinion……The engineer states it’s deeper than the Nox too.

The D2 is great! Especially at the beach but there’s one thing that’s winning me over with the Manticore .It has a way better visual screen with larger, clearer imagining than the D2 . Much better in my opinion……The engineer states it’s deeper than the Nox too.
Have you logged in the large #s on the D2?

Is the graph like a sizing feature?

Just read something interesting Tom Dankowski, an Engineer on the Manticore project, just posted on his site. "Something I want to clarify.... that Mark Lawrie stated in the YouTube video: The ID system is on a scale of 99 points. So is the scale of iron ID range! -99 to 0. (Negative 99 to 0). (((Salt ID's as '0'))). This is to say: Nearly a 200-point ID span."

Just read something interesting Tom Dankowski, an Engineer on the Manticore project, just posted on his site. "Something I want to clarify.... that Mark Lawrie stated in the YouTube video: The ID system is on a scale of 99 points. So is the scale of iron ID range! -99 to 0. (Negative 99 to 0). (((Salt ID's as '0'))). This is to say: Nearly a 200-point ID span."
Dan, next time you go to Dankowski’s pages, ask him - what type of coins is the new machine calibrated using? hammered coins? You know very thin coins?
Thanks Tony

It looks interesting, but I’ll be a wait and see guy. This is what Steve Herschbach had to say on his Detector Prospector site.

“The Minelab Manticore is a new metal detector just introduced in August 2022. Actual availability is as of yet unknown. The Manticore is a fully submersible VLF metal detector aimed primarily at coin, jewelry, relic detecting, and saltwater beach detecting. The Minelab Manticore uses the latest version of Minelab's multifrequency technology, Multi-IQ+

On first glance the detector looks to essentially be an upgraded Minelab Equinox 800. It is probably priced to replace the now discontinued Minelab E-Trac. The price will probably be in the $1500 - $1800 range.

More information will be posted here as soon as it is available.”

$1260 USD with military discount.
Big Boys now has it on their website for pre order/pre pay for 1599
I asked if the military discount could be used but he said because of limited availability NO promotions were being offered at this time.