Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

DigDog -- agree with everything you say here. And I hope you didn't think I was "pushing" the Manticore, or implying that someone should swing a Minelab, vs. any other brand. That was not something I was saying at all, and if it sounded that way, my apologies.
When I said that it would "help us all" to have both improved tonal options AND the on-screen graphics offered by the Manticore, I was saying "help us all" in the sense that it would work well for folks that ARE musically inclined, AND would work well for those who aren't, but instead are more "visual" in how they absorb information. That's what I meant by "help us all." But as you note, this is also a $1600USD machine, which is alot of money, for most of us. And with new NM Legends available at roughly $1000 less, it's debatable whether any improvement to be had, between the Legend, and the Manticore, would be worth that substantial increase in cost. No debate there whatsoever. I understand your point, and many of us don't just have $1600 to flippantly plop down on a new machine, myself included. My apologies if you were in some way offended with my post.

Steve
No not at all and I apologize if you thought anything was directed at you. As i said I agree with everything you said.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
There are some others though that fall in the category of extreme “fanboys”. Not being mindful and respectful of someone’s detector decisions for whatever reason, be it personal preference, opinions or financial reasons.
I can go on record as saying i like all the brands of detectors. And all detectors have pros and cons. Do i have my favorites, of course, but im not going to put down the others by only posting about its cons and never the pros.
What doesn’t work for me might be great for someone else.
Again nothing directed at you.

Let your detector pay for itself and an upgrade. The more you detect the more you earn even if it’s just clad or bling
The only problem Mack is depends how fruitful your areas of detecting are.
Plenty of pennies but your talking
200,000 pennies for that.

No not at all and I apologize if you thought anything was directed at you. As i said I agree with everything you said.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.
There are some others though that fall in the category of extreme “fanboys”. Not being mindful and respectful of someone’s detector decisions for whatever reason, be it personal preference, opinions or financial reasons.
I can go on record as saying i like all the brands of detectors. And all detectors have pros and cons. Do i have my favorites, of course, but im not going to put down the others by only posting about its cons and never the pros.
What doesn’t work for me might be great for someone else.
Again nothing directed at you.
DigDog -- thanks for the kind words; I'm glad I didn't offend!

Yes, I agree with you that different detectors, and different manufacturers, bring different attributes to the table. There are some high-performance machines out there from several different companies, such that great results can be obtained with any of them. And sometimes, the performance of many machines is close enough, that it boils down to which machine you happen to "click with," and feel most confident with. I can say for sure that for me, having confidence in a machine, and being able to "click" with it, is a big part of the decision as to which machine I ultimately gravitate towards. And besides, finding and hunting the more productive locations is by FAR the most important determinant of success...

Thanks, DigDog!

Steve

DigDog -- thanks for the kind words; I'm glad I didn't offend!

Yes, I agree with you that different detectors, and different manufacturers, bring different attributes to the table. There are some high-performance machines out there from several different companies, such that great results can be obtained with any of them. And sometimes, the performance of many machines is close enough, that it boils down to which machine you happen to "click with," and feel most confident with. I can say for sure that for me, having confidence in a machine, and being able to "click" with it, is a big part of the decision as to which machine I ultimately gravitate towards. And besides, finding and hunting the more productive locations is by FAR the most important determinant of success...

Thanks, DigDog!

Steve
I always believed in that you will find and have the most success with the detector you enjoy using the most.
A $50 bounty hunter that you enjoy using will find alot more than a $1000 detector sitting in the corner.

Well said DigDog! How many people have a high dollar machine that they don't use? As I have said,I really enjoy and use my Equinox 600. I only hunt 2-4 hours at a time and only have 30 silver coins for the year. I have maybe a frosting container full of other coins. I hunt mainly public areas with an old house or two and a few fields. Good luck picking up a new machine and I wish you well!

-Good things come in twos.
- Its better the second time around.

"Good things come in two's" is probably referencing the addition of a second new machine.
"Its better the second time around" is probably referencing a updated, new and improved version 2, of the infamous CTX 3030..

So thats what Im thinking.

A new and improved CTX3030, probably with Minelab's new "Multi IQ PLUS" technology.

And if I had to put a price on a hypotheticaly new and improved CTX3030, I would say its not going to be cheap!

$3499 would only be a wild guess.

We will know more in a few days!

-Good things come in twos.
- Its better the second time around.

"Good things come in two's" is probably referencing the addition of a second new machine.
"Its better the second time around" is probably referencing a updated, new and improved version 2, of the infamous CTX 3030..

So thats what Im thinking.

A new and improved CTX3030, probably with Minelab's new "Multi IQ PLUS" technology.

And if I had to put a price on a hypotheticaly new and improved CTX3030, I would say its not going to be cheap!

$3499 would only be a wild guess.

We will know more in a few days!
If Minelab DOES introduce an updated CTX-type "flagship" unit (which they very well may -- either now, or almost certainly at some point), whether using Multi-IQ+ as the platform, or some type of FBS3 technology, I HIGHLY doubt it will be priced as you speculate, at least not in USD. I'd knock $1000 to $1500 off of that price, if I were a betting man ($1999 to $2499USD, and probably closer to the $1999). I simply do not believe there is a market for a $3500 coin/relic/jewelry machine...unless it LITERALLY can discriminate accurately between a ring tab, and a gold men's wedding band; a piece of foil and women's diamond solitaire ring...and I do not think we are very close, technologically, to such a machine, until they figure out a way for "discrimination" to include a read the of DENSITY of an object...

Just my speculative two cents...

Steve

If Minelab DOES introduce an updated CTX-type "flagship" unit (which they very well may -- either now, or almost certainly at some point), whether using Multi-IQ+ as the platform, or some type of FBS3 technology, I HIGHLY doubt it will be priced as you speculate, at least not in USD. I'd knock $1000 to $1500 off of that price, if I were a betting man ($1999 to $2499USD, and probably closer to the $1999). I simply do not believe there is a market for a $3500 coin/relic/jewelry machine...unless it LITERALLY can discriminate accurately between a ring tab, and a gold men's wedding band; a piece of foil and women's diamond solitaire ring...and I do not think we are very close, technologically, to such a machine, until they figure out a way for "discrimination" to include a read the of DENSITY of an object...

Steve
Good point, $3500 for a all purpose coin, jewelry, relic detector is a bit overpriced in todays market when there are great choices for alot less

Well said DigDog! How many people have a high dollar machine that they don't use? As I have said,I really enjoy and use my Equinox 600. I only hunt 2-4 hours at a time and only have 30 silver coins for the year. I have maybe a frosting container full of other coins. I hunt mainly public areas with an old house or two and a few fields. Good luck picking up a new machine and I wish you well!
Thanks. Sometimes i get bored with the same detector so looking at possibly trying something else from the legend.
Occasionally i think about even going back to a analog machine.but highly unlikely I will. Looking at options

Before you upgrade, are you getting the most out of your current detector? Can you maximize all its functions. Did you learn how all the feat work? If you don’t take the time to really become prolific with your machine then you probably won’t with the new one. I’ve hit a wall at how deep the Nox will find targets. So I’ll try the Manticore? If I don’t like it after really learning it I will sell it for a small loss, butI will be glad I tried it. But if it does separate better, go deeper, give more info on the targets (I had the V3i and loved the graph feature). Fight EMI better Then it’s totally worth it.

Steve
I hope you are correct!
But I doubt a new version of the CTX, would be less expensive than the old version CTX.
That would be too good to be true!
Time will tell!

The only problem Mack is depends how fruitful your areas of detecting are.
Plenty of pennies but your talking
200,000 pennies for that.
I myself will walk right over most penny signals concentrating on silver and dimes quarters only in areas that are not littered with lots of trash will I dig those
penny signals I do very well with this strategy lol...I also hit the mid to lower tones for gold .

Mark

Watch out now there will be an even bigger flood of used equinox and xp detectors for sale. Unfortunately, the demand won't meet the supply and prices will drop like a rock.

A post he sent me

Attachments

• 83E01447-1A8A-49F2-8BB3-097B68CC1D2B.png
    83E01447-1A8A-49F2-8BB3-097B68CC1D2B.png
    1 MB · Views: 89