Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

Here is the Manticore owners manual:

Unfortunately that's not the owner's manual, bur a startup guide. Thanks for posting anyway.

Last edited:
For you Facebook users...........
1669846407537.png

You have to give it to Minelab for stirring the pot lol.
Oh yeah, drama abounds. It better be good or people will be saying poopooonyou Minelab. We know the Manticore is on the way so what about the extra coils, when ? how much ? The fact they haven't posted the manual got me scratching my head. We had the Equinox's manual months in advance. Too much cloak and dagger. lol. Mark

Oh yeah, drama abounds. It better be good or people will be saying poopooonyou Minelab. We know the Manticore is on the way so what about the extra coils, when ? how much ? The fact they haven't posted the manual got me scratching my head. We had the Equinox's manual months in advance. Too much cloak and dagger. lol. Mark
This release is way different from the Nox....they are keeping info for some reason.

Testers short video...
That was an EXCELLENT video. RICH audio...THAT is the setting I was hoping for!! LOTS of "modulation" with depth. THAT has me excited! Full tones, RICH audio. That is the setting tailor-made for my style of hunting, and my ears...

That's the first time I've seen a video that describes those audio options.

Thanks, Dan!

Steve

Dan I watch the vid on 2d tdi the nail is what interest me showing on the ferrous line and the false on the non-ferrous line hummmmm .The point is I am seeing two targets good and bad the guy seem to go though it very quickly like he really didn't want to show that . As far as the good targets any metal detector would see them .What I want to see is how trash looks like with coins the nail is very revealing nail false showing on the non-ferrous line .sube

Last edited:
That was an EXCELLENT video. RICH audio...THAT is the setting I was hoping for!! LOTS of "modulation" with depth. THAT has me excited! Full tones, RICH audio. That is the setting tailor-made for my style of hunting, and my ears...

That's the first time I've seen a video that describes those audio options.

Thanks, Dan!

Steve
I agree Steve, I'm excited about having some quality modulated audio. Something that was sadly lacking on the Equinox. I think that and the 2D screen is going to be a winner.

I think that 2D video is a terrific example of "gaslighting". Wouldn't the world be nice if every target you ran across was a good one? I agree just about any middle grade detector would give yo a good signal on those targets . Why doesn't our tech from Oz show us the 2D signature of some good old USA can slaw , bottle caps and pull tabs. I really don't care what good signals are , they're easy , I'm interested in how the trash shows up so I can avoid it. In your first video you see a pull tab and nickel both on the non ferrous line with a three digit difference : how is that any different from what we see already on a lot of detectors today? Where I hunt nails comprise probably 1% of the trash and most detectors will knock those out without issue. The M-core is becoming less and less attractive to me the more I see of it , mostly because of the marketing methods Minelab likes to implement.

Last edited:
I think that 2D video is a terrific example of "gaslighting". Wouldn't the world be nice if every target you ran across was a good one? I agree just about any middle grade detector would give yo a good signal on those targets . Why doesn't our tech from Oz show us the 2D signature of some good old USA can slaw , bottle caps and pull tabs. I really don't care what good signals are , they're easy , I'm interested in how the trash shows up so I can avoid it. In your first video you see a pull tab and nickel both on the non ferrous line with a three digit difference : how is that any different from what we see already on a lot of detectors today? Where I hunt nails comprise probably 1% of the trash and most detectors will knock those out without issue. The M-core is becoming less and less attractive to me the more I see of it , mostly because of the marketing methods Minelab likes to implement.
So is the new technology 2d screen just a ferrous meter similar to what the legend has(ferro check) but just displayed differently.
Even the videos don’t tell you a whole lot of info about it other than it basically tells you if the target is ferrous or not. The rest of the info is still determined and given to you by the vdi numbers.
It is actually displayed in a much more
fancy manner than the legend which tells you more ferrous or non by a meter going left to right and this goes up and down, and left and right relative to the the vdi numbers. Thats the 2d I guess?
I wonder why the manual is not released either.
The testers in the videos don’t seem to have alot of enthusiasm about it.
Observations so far, no manual to explain anything so have to go by videos.
Videos show it can tell ferrous or non ferrous simultaneously with vdi numbers on a screen displayed with a dot.
It lights up at night for night hunts.
Better tones.
Is there any other videos with more information or are they keeping you in suspense until you buy.

I noticed a few things in this unboxing video....

1. The new headphones look nice, well padded and comfortable. Ventilated perhaps? Looking forward to more info on the new headphones.

2. The carbon fiber shaft looks like its plenty long for extremly tall users....PLENTY long for tall users!

3. New logo on the front of the control pad!

Last edited: