Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Manticore

stateguyt

Was wondering why we are not seeing any new videos on the machine here in the US
would like to see it perform in the water
more depth testing
even comparing it to other machines
anyone here why they are not posting anything

Thinking about buying around feb/march if it lives up to the hype. A little more depth and better discrimination and I'm good. I'd like to see that shaft as an option on the EQ, just a different lower for the coils. Cant wait for some known detectorists get familiar with it and put out clear video's in the wild.

Was wondering why we are not seeing any new videos on the machine here in the US
would like to see it perform in the water
more depth testing
even comparing it to other machines
anyone here why they are not posting anything
I was wondering the same thing. All the hype and hoopla with the announcement ,a few videos from abroad. Then nada. I wish they would at least publish a manual so we could get a read on its differences between the Equinox and CTX. I liked the way Gary Blackwell did short tutorial videos on the Deus ll while they were finishing it up before shipping. And I believe Nokta did something similar with their testers. Both with the caveat that these were Beta machines and that things could change before final release. C'mon Minelab throw us a bone. Enquiring minds want to know. And see. Maybe a little diving action and some dirt fishing.

I was wondering the same thing. All the hype and hoopla with the announcement ,a few videos from abroad. Then nada. I wish they would at least publish a manual so we could get a read on its differences between the Equinox and CTX. I liked the way Gary Blackwell did short tutorial videos on the Deus ll while they were finishing it up before shipping. And I believe Nokta did something similar with their testers. Both with the caveat that these were Beta machines and that things could change before final release. C'mon Minelab throw us a bone. Enquiring minds want to know. And see. Maybe a little diving action and some dirt fishing.
Some questions have been asked about it and the difference between other detectors, rightly so especially if they are asking $1600 prepaid in some cases. Unfortunately some of the ML fanboys are saying shut up! Your not allowed to ask, just buy it. Its the best detector ever made.
Probably still working on “bug” fixes so they don’t have to eat crow.
Appears they still scared to want anyone outside of ML to even hold it at this point. Whereas for example NM gave it to people and said play with it, let us know how it works and what we need to fix. Much more transparent.

I'm calling it the MAYBEMORE till solid reports come out. Only news i've heard lately is it will have the new bluetooth and the ML-80's will work with it. If that's the case you can use any BT phones or buds you want.

Some questions have been asked about it and the difference between other detectors, rightly so especially if they are asking $1600 prepaid in some cases. Unfortunately some of the ML fanboys are saying shut up! Your not allowed to ask, just buy it. Its the best detector ever made.
Probably still working on “bug” fixes so they don’t have to eat crow.
Appears they still scared to want anyone outside of ML to even hold it at this point. Whereas for example NM gave it to people and said play with it, let us know how it works and what we need to fix. Much more transparent.
I have to agree with you, Minelab could take a lesson in transparency from NM. Unlike NM they don't interact with the Md'rs in the field. I almost pulled the trigger on a Legend and then Minelab announced the Manticore. Coming from an Etrac to and Equinox, the natural progression of things brings me to the Manticore. I did pretty well with the first 2 so I will give this a shot. The last 2 releases have shown us updates are almost inevitable, until you get a couple thousand people swinging one you really can't contrive every conceivable scenario. And updates benefit us all. Being a coin shooter its machts nichts to me but the waterproof thing, they can't afford to get it wrong this time. If it leaks, their sunk, literally, no figuratively when it comes to a water machine. So far from what I've seen the Manticore will relieve some of my petpeeves with the Equinox. I have one preordered and my guy says we can settle up when a ship date is announced, and yes he is honoring the veterans discount.

I'm calling it the MAYBEMORE till solid reports come out. Only news i've heard lately is it will have the new bluetooth and the ML-80's will work with it. If that's the case you can use any BT phones or buds you want.
Thats great news, if accurate. A proprietary head set would limit users to the supplied headphones. I was hoping Minelab would offer quality bone conducting buds for diving and hot weather use.

I have to agree with you, Minelab could take a lesson in transparency from NM. Unlike NM they don't interact with the Md'rs in the field. I almost pulled the trigger on a Legend and then Minelab announced the Manticore. Coming from an Etrac to and Equinox, the natural progression of things brings me to the Manticore. I did pretty well with the first 2 so I will give this a shot. The last 2 releases have shown us updates are almost inevitable, until you get a couple thousand people swinging one you really can't contrive every conceivable scenario. And updates benefit us all. Being a coin shooter its machts nichts to me but the waterproof thing, they can't afford to get it wrong this time. If it leaks, their sunk, literally, no figuratively when it comes to a water machine. So far from what I've seen the Manticore will relieve some of my petpeeves with the Equinox. I have one preordered and my guy says we can settle up when a ship date is announced, and yes he is honoring the veterans discount.
How did we get by before updatable detectors lol
I think nobody gives the discount on NM because they put them out there at the lowest possible margin to begin with to everyone. I think what it is with the discount should have been more the starting price then the discount off that but.
I don’t suspect they will have leak issues if they do then yeah they should probably consider hanging it up

It won't be any better than the best machines already available........just good enough in peoples minds to make them part with their money.Happy spending.🤣
As I said before ..... if any one of these smf detectors really make a difference, we will hear about it....no doubt about that !

It won't be any better than the best machines already available........just good enough in peoples minds to make them part with their money.Happy spending.🤣
Well thats just it. How much better is it to spend $1600 right now.
Aside from a new type of vdi, how much better from what we have?
Or are we basically just paying $1600 for a 2d screen.
Im fine with no screen actually but that’s just me. Be nice to have one that you don’t have to worry about leaking. I would think that’s not going to be an issue. But how much better on everything else. I would think that you would basically max out at some point on depth, discrimination, sensitivity, etc.