Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Pinpointer light going off and on.

jd88047

Hunting two hours early in the dark this am I could not help to notice the light on the minleab pinpointer was going off and required a shake to come back on. I can live with this but has anyone else had this issue? Is there a quick fix?

The pinpointer works very well. The light is super bright and perfect for my early morning hunts. It is able to sniff out the smallest of targets. I really like this PP compared to my others. Do not want anyone to think here we go again. Please post positive answers if you would.

If its still under warranty, send it back. Could be a sign of more problems to come.
I had an issue with a Minelab PPer i bought a few years ago. Sent it back under warranty and Minelab sent me a brand new PPer.

Unless their PP'ers have improved from a few years ago, i'm not impressed with them.
My 4yr. old Minelab PPer has been relegated to back up status for the last 3 years.

What are the odds of having two brand new pin pointers from two different manufacturers out of the box be bad? This does not say much for our sport. Customer service is great if you have a warranty issue I guess. Second time this has happened. Love this hobby of ours. I just hate the thought of having to register the pp to send it in. Then doing without it while you wait for a replacement. Then of course I always get the guy who is also the janitor on customer support who tries to convince me its my fault. You know what would be fun? Making of video, as a matter of fact using it in every video I make. Im blessed so I do have another pp to use. Was just hoping something simple like my next to last purchase, oh wait three brand new pp right out of the box........can someone please make pp that works right out of the box please?

Unusual to have two DOA's out of the box.

Even if they work out of the box, PPers have a definite short half-life at least in my experience.
My 5yr old Garrett lasted only a couple years. Its useless now, should throw it away.
My 4yr old Minelab lasted only a few weeks before an issue developed. The 2nd one still works but with sub par performance compared to the Garrett (when it worked).
My current goto PPer is my 3yr old White's TRX. Late last season it also started to act up with an intermittent problem.

10 pounds of electronic balony stuffed in a 5 pound bag coupled with the physical abuse these PPer take, i'm surprised they last as long as they do.

As much as I hate to add extra weight maybe a probe is in my future. I have good luck with pin pointers. The Profind is working so will just suck it up. My garret is in good shape for being a few years old. I really think the post office handles the stuff really hard and they caused my problems. I will give it a few more hunts.