Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab PRO-SWING 45 ?

TIM CLARK

Ok is anyone using the Pro-Swing 45 on there CTX if so tell me what you think. :twodetecting::minelab::cheers:

I will be getting one of these the second I can. I have tried everything for my bad back and I have high hopes that this might just be the ticket. I will surely post up my thoughts on it if/when I get my hands on one.

They're available now. I just ordered one from Bart. List price is $129. I got it more for my E-trac than the CTX.

Even though the CTX 3030 is well balanced, the 17 inch coil can be a challenge for long periods of time. The Pro-Swing takes out all the effort. The only thing I don't like about any harness is that you feel like you're "tied" to the detector when you get down to dig a target. Granted, it does disconnect easily. But apparently the CTX 3030 wireless module has me spoiled!
Once you get all 8 of the possible adjustments made, it fits like a glove. I've used several different devices over the years. But most of them felt like you were swinging the coil from the end of a bungee....... which is what you are doing. The J-strut design of this model is much different. The weight of the detector (primarily the coil) is transferred up to the end of the bungee that fastens to the shoulder part of the harness. This, in turn, is supported by the J-strut, which rests along your waistline, on your hip. When you consider the wide dual straps and back section, lined with breathable mesh type fabric, and a full harness that is stabilized at your waist and across your chest.....like I said, it fits like a glove. HH Randy

I received my Pro-Swing 45 yesterday from Bart. I don't have a 17 inch coil for my CTX so it is just about perfectly balanced with the standard coil even without the harness. The harness is great. I found that it is easier for me to disconnect the bungee at the shaft end than at the chest end when you set the detector down. Now I also have an Etrac with the Sunray X-1 probe and an Ultimate 13 inch coil. The Pro-Swing 45 made this a new machine for me. One hour was pretty much my max time before this harness. There is absolutely no weight noticed from the Etrac with this harness.

Well, I can see using it on the Etrac but with the CTX---we've got a wireless module so that we are no longer "wired up" to the detector.---Now with this harness we are once again "tethered" to the detector--huh?-----I don't have the 17" coil but I'm 74 yrs. old & have no trouble swinging the CTX (with its excellent balance) with the stock coil for extended lengths of time.----With the 17" coil, I'm sure that would be a different story & the harness may be needed on the CTX then.-----I just don't like being tied up to a detector (bungee) like a dog on a leash, never have.-----That's (one of) the things I love about the CTX, although heavier than the Etrac--it has such GREAT balance & "seems"/swings lighter.-------I might get one for my Etrac though, could see it being of use there on long hunts.------Question (and its early to ask it)-----how is this Minelab harness going to compare to Docs latest/newest out "swing thing"-----same--better--worse?

What Minelab needs is a tetherless harness....:heh:

I just ordered one. I'll let you know what I think. I figured that I might eventually go to a 17" coil and this might help.

I just received mine today. Made several adjustments to it and hung all of my "tools" on it. I have a 4 day weekend coming up and will be using the harness over that period.

Look forward to the review..

I used mine today for the first time with the CTX and 17 inch coil. Definitely transfers the weight of the machine to almost nothing. It does seem to be a little cumbersome, but I'll get used to it (I've always just worn a belt with my tools on it). The padded cushion seemed hot to me, but it was in the high 90s for most of the day. The quick detach clip is nice when you want to disconnect the bungee from the vest. As advertised, this can be done with one hand. All in all, I think it's a good product and I'll use it often.

Yes. In the period of time I was making adjustment and hanging my "accessories" on it, It got very hot. I was thinking it might be very uncomfortable in high 80 to 90 degree weather and may be better suited for Fall and Spring hunting. The key to getting it all balanced lies in the rod and back panel adjustments. It may take a while to get right for the wearer.

Evan Gonehuntingforhistory has his video up for the review on it check it out it looks pretty cool. Although not my cup of tea.