Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab ProFind video

Sidekick. PM the guy if you are interested. (I have no affiliation to the product)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uut5O-eWWak&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I have no affiliation either, but the sidekick is an easy to use little device to effectively supertune the Pro-Pointer.

A guy whose name is Randolph and goes by the forum name Ism makes it.

Hope this OK to mention since he's not a sponsor on this forum. But at $10 shipped for the sidekick, I don't see how he could afford to be.

I have one question for anyone who already has one of these. Is the sensistivity still the same before pressing the thing? What I mean is, does the PP see factory depths with the device installed and not actuated? The utube vid did not indicate the actual depth it was not reading and then reading after actuation. Is there any chance that the ProPointer could be detuned merely because of the proximity of the Sidekick? I want one if the PP still acts as normal pre-actuation, 1.5"-2". An air test would be nice to see, but I'll take someone's word who has one already.

Not meaning to be a pita...you are saying that if I get exactly 2" range on a dime without the sidekick installed, that I will not lose part of it with the SK stuck onto the side in it's perfect position. The advertisement on it doesn't really show a lot of comparisons, just a phantom target in the ground of unknown depth. Please shoot me some key words to Google for other advertisements if you have any. Thanks. Martin

marcomo said:
Yes, the PP with sidekick attached acts as normal before actuation.

Martin, if you are getting a full 2" on a dime without supertuning, you are getting better depth than I have gotten with any of my Pro Pointers.

As far as key words for Google...are you serious?

I don't work for Ism and have no financial interest in the product he sells.

I mentioned the sidekick because I got mine, it worked, and I thought others might benefit from using one. I do appreciate that he put a lot of thought and effort into a product that is, based on its price, obviously a labor of love from someone who enjoys doing mods.

Maybe you could buy one and then make posts and videos about it so others who feel like you could feel more secure before they risk $10.:rolleyes:

IMHO I would use either one. I think that thr idea of "super" tuning is a great one. For now I will stay wirh my Pro Pointer. I find tha it just works. Thanjs for the comparsion though, Beale.

Damn. I actually have a Pro-Find coming to me in the mail. After reading this thread, I am regretting it. I guess Minelab should have tested their new product in soils from other places, not just the Down Under.