Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab release date....

Who else is sick of all the hype over this machine.I will admit i was sucked into the frenzy early on when it was first released in UK. But then it took too long with out a firm release date and blah blah blah. I and few others that I know got sick of waiting and hearing about this or that,,,, I got a Whites MX Sport for a sweet price due to the owner selling to buy a EQ.

Pure speculation but why release info on the new machine then so long to actual release of machine, something wrong with it? Is not living up to the hype? I am not bashing just frustrated and maybe little concerned with the long wait.

I don't pay much attention to the release date hype. If they came out today, I would not be able to use it regularly for three or four months because of weather. I do believe there will be some outrageous deals on used detectors in the next couple of months.

kozman4907 said:
Who else is sick of all the hype over this machine.I will admit i was sucked into the frenzy early on when it was first released in UK. But then it took too long with out a firm release date and blah blah blah. I and few others that I know got sick of waiting and hearing about this or that,,,, I got a Whites MX Sport for a sweet price due to the owner selling to buy a EQ.

Pure speculation but why release info on the new machine then so long to actual release of machine, something wrong with it? Is not living up to the hype? I am not bashing just frustrated and maybe little concerned with the long wait.

With all the features I'm looking for in the EQ, I have no issue with the time frame or the wait.. I have a CTX that's doing just fine, so I'm not really missing out at this point. I seriously doubt that there's anything wrong with the machine, I think it's just part of the process to fine tune it before turning it loose. Good luck with the MX , I hear it's a fine machine.

even if the hw/sw is 'Golden Master' now they will be smart waiting until actual production line versions are very well tested and the
production lines run smoothly, etc.

the demand built up for the EQ is unprecedented and production needs to be optimal to keep up.

they need to closely match the way Apple does it...

I'm ok waiting, and will be able to test the unit once I finally get one but not dig anything till March/April, lol

I intend to 'pre-find' some good targets for later.

I'm also very pleased Minelab can dole out a SW update or 2 if required for internet based updating. Very nice insurance...

cheers

Why would you let your Blood Pressure get high over the release date of a Metal Detector?
It is the Holidays go enjoy them with Family.
Go take a walk it is a great time to get out in the wilderness.
Your old Detectors still find stuff go take them outside and have some fun.
Only HYPE I am sick of is the threads complaining about the HYPE.

I too got tired of the hype and waiting, I am in AZ and can hunt now......I bought a Whites VX3 and already have a Gold Monster so I am happy and can hunt now .

Yup I agree with all of you. Got a great deal on a 16.5 inch Detech coil for the Explorer 2 to cover more ground on the beach. I am done waiting.

I am happy with what i know so far and there is an announcement on or about the end of the week i have been told . Maybe the release date ? I reckon New Years day . If so then the machine is in production and maybe the first batches might well be on the ships to their dealers. We'll see.
The Equinox will work in all areas i want to search and my order stays .
I certainly wouldn't buy a machine that wouldn't match it and it seems some will or have .
This machine will be as close to top end as you can get without paying top end prices .

greenmeanie said:
Why would you let your Blood Pressure get high over the release date of a Metal Detector?
It is the Holidays go enjoy them with Family.
Go take a walk it is a great time to get out in the wilderness.
Your old Detectors still find stuff go take them outside and have some fun.
Only HYPE I am sick of is the threads complaining about the HYPE.

Amen brother!

Nuke em said:
I am happy with what i know so far and there is an announcement on or about the end of the week i have been told . Maybe the release date ?.

People who have been calling ML asking for the release date have recently been told "something will be made public this week", I would expect the release date info coming very shortly

I have heard the 21st from a few places now . So Thursday . I still say 1st Jan for release.

I have high hope for this detector and when ever it show up it will be like a second Christmas for many of us. Some people remind me of the kids at Christmas always wanting things right now and when they get them they are not happy with what they have.

Merry Christmas to all and may all have a wonderful Christmas with your family

Rick

Rick(ND) said:
I have high hope for this detector and when ever it show up it will be like a second Christmas for many of us. Some people remind me of the kids at Christmas always wanting things right now and when they get them they are not happy with what they have.

Rick

Absolutely on all counts!

Rick(ND) said:

Rick
Agreed Rick!!

I was always happy with the Box {as long as it was the biggest} :bouncy:

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Another post by a child throwing a temper tantrum because he has no patience and needs everything NOW NOW NOW.

laplander said:
Rick(ND) said:

Rick
Agreed Rick!!

I was always happy with the Box {as long as it was the biggest} :bouncy:

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
Ya, but then you ate the paper!:poke:
Neener, Neener!!!
Have a good Christmas, Lappy.......& everybody else!

Iowa Dale

I just got off of the phone with my Detector Dealer here in Washington State. He said he was just informed from Minelab that delivery for the Equinox has been pushed back to the end of January. That’s all he could tell me.

*loody hell !