Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab repair time

mascard1

Well .. I have to say great job.. by Minelab.. 10 days total time to repair CTX.. don’t like the price to fix .. but I guess you have to pay to play...GREAT JOB Minelab!!!

mascard1 said:
Well .. I have to say great job.. by Minelab.. 10 days total time to repair CTX.. don’t like the price to fix .. but I guess you have to pay to play...GREAT JOB Minelab!!!
I had a similar experience 12 days roundtrip, with updates along the process. Up

Hey; Good to know! I need to send in my machine to be looked at. Please where is the new Minelab repair facility and how can I contact them?
Thanks!!!

I fear I might be using their services,though it’ll be warranty. I can’t get any depth worth talking about in the last 10 hunts,it’s just flat. I’m going to assemble a test garden this weekend to verify but my hunting has been stupendously bad. No registered targets more than 6-7” on the meter with the 17” coil in places I KNOW have deep signals,because I’ve dug them. A garden will help tell the story compared against the Explorer...but it’s been just terrible. I’ve been lucky to find what I have this spring,but nothing past 8” to speak of.
Good to hear the process didn’t take longer than it did,they really have stepped up that end of things.

meanderer said:
Hey; Good to know! I need to send in my machine to be looked at. Please where is the new Minelab repair facility and how can I contact them?
Thanks!!!

It's in Alum Bank, PA. They had mine repaired and back to me in 5 days round trip. Keith is a great guy to work with....look up Fort Bedford Metal Detectors online, but I would think if it was a repair you'd have to contact Minelab directly first.

TrpnBils said:
Thanks!!!

It's in Alum Bank, PA. They had mine repaired and back to me in 5 days round trip. Keith is a great guy to work with....look up Fort Bedford Metal Detectors online, but I would think if it was a repair you'd have to contact Minelab directly first.

Yes, you have contact minelab to get an authorization number and the correct shipping address. I second (and 3rd and 4th) that Keith is doing an absolutely phenomenal job. Almost everything he gets in for warranty repair is a 1 day turn-around. Actually shipping it there and back is the only delay.

Ben Town said:
IDX, courious as to what you found out in the test garden
BT

Besides 900 mph wind and sleet with a side order of “&@$# that”? Nothing much,haven’t been there yet.:) It’s one of two things....either the CTX is THAT GOOD where nothing else IS there,or it’s misbehaving in a way I can’t yet see,and it needs help. Keep in mind I’ve been hunting these sites for a good 6+ years with 3 machines and coils,so it may be the former rather than the latter. But I need to do the garden and proceed accordingly.
At SOME point,a site is truly hunted out with the tech we have...finds get less and less and then we start doubting ourselves or the equipment,or both. I really need some other sites. I got permission on a village park here in my town last fall and picked 25 or so difficult or deep silvers since then,but now it’s dry. I know it’s been gone over in the past because of the lack of anything much in the 0-6” layer. Everything was beyond that. Sooooooo.....it could be a location issue too.
I’ll post back when I can do the testing,I’m very curious too!

My Excal is out off warranty. Would it be pointless to contact Minelab or will i still need authorization for a repair?
When diving at about 10' in depth and about 20 minutes into the dive (fresh water) the machine became very irratic with a lot of static. Think its either a loose wire or a leak somewhere.
It was working fine when wading. Had the grey ghosts hardwired a long time ago and never had a problem ....?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.