Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Safari Question

Confetrit

I bought a nice second hand Minelab Safari a little while back. I would like to find the date of manufacture allowing me to learn the age of the detector. I know sometimes you can achieve this by the units serial number, but I have had no luck in getting through to Minelab's technical support. I really like the Safari and I have just learned that Minelab has stopped production of the Safari. I thought that if my unit had some age on it, I may consider buying a new one if I could find one for sale. Any thoughts or ideas? Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Well I was going to purchase a new Minelab Safari as well recently. However after talking to the fellow that has some new ones for sale and digging into some serious questions he actually told me I would be better off with the vanquish 540 as it was faster and a lot lighter.

Since have previously owned a vanquish already his advice and thoughts made me rethink the safari.

However If your interested in getting a new one still I can pm you his information if you would like.

I do not know why Minelab would quit answering their phone. I think the last time I called them i left a message and they got back to me. Maybe you can try to email them the serial number

Minelab got back to me yesterday via email and provided me with the information I requested regarding my Safari. It was manufactured in May of 2016. It was just under 3 years old when I bought this from a reputable dealer. I could tell by its condition that it had been taken care of by the previous owner. I was attempting to find out the age of my detector since they have stopped production on the Safari so I would have some sort of an idea of which direction to go. I knew I got a great deal when I bought the Safari paying about half of what it sold for brand new, but now that I have learned it's true age, I feel even better. Thanks to Minelab for getting back to me with my request and for making quality metal detectors. I learned too that Minelab has stopped production on both the etrac and the Safari. I know some folks don't care too much for the Safari because it has a slower recovery speed but that's ok for me as I have always hunted and swept the ground at a slower pace. The Safari is pretty much a straight forward detector to set up and the screen and the menu's are easy to read. I guess it all boils down to individual tastes and what folks are used to. I appreciate the feedback from bigtim1973 and u2robert. HH all and stay safe out there.

Confetrit- I never thought of the Safari as a slow recovery unit having used it as my main detector from March 2010 to Aug 2019 when I purchased the Nox 800. Loved the cross-saving tones options from hunting in FE with Conductive or vice versa. Usually settled on relic mode no additional discrimination if memory serves.

I bought a nice second hand Minelab Safari a little while back. I would like to find the date of manufacture allowing me to learn the age of the detector. I know sometimes you can achieve this by the units serial number, but I have had no luck in getting through to Minelab's technical support. I really like the Safari and I have just learned that Minelab has stopped production of the Safari. I thought that if my unit had some age on it, I may consider buying a new one if I could find one for sale. Any thoughts or ideas? Any feedback would be most appreciated.
I guess i spoke out of turn you already bought the safari? I had one after I bought an E-Trac that's why I favored the E-Trac
The Safari is a stripped down E-trac. but the Safari a capable detector.