Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Safari vs Bounty hunter 2200 air test :biggrin:

Sky1

Just for fun I did an air test comparison of my Safari vs the Titan 2000xd aka Bounty Hunter 2200. Yeah a $1000 detector against a $100 one LOL.

Coin Titan 2000xd Safari
Nickel 7 13
Dime 6 1/5 12
Quarter 7 1/2 13 1/2

Titan had the sensitivity to max, Safari at 18. Depth is in Inches

In my test garden which is only a month old and in mineralized soil both detectors are able to detect all coins at 5" with no difficulty and accurate display all but the penny which registers as Iron on the BH.

When I move to the 10" row the Minelab is the only one to detect all coins. It also displays correct numbers on the display. The BH does not make a peep on any of the coins in the 10" row.

Although the Safari trumps the Titan in depth. After detecting for a while I have learned that separation and information is more important than just depth alone. Also light weight is a true blessing. There is no doubt the Titan would do ok for most coin hunting, it's light and inexpensive but you really do need to run it wide open and dig every target over 5 inches to be sure.

After using the Safari for a few weeks now I feel that the BH doesn't give enough feedback of what's under the surface. A single beep just doesn't cut it for me even as a second detector. I think I may want to sell it and check out the Fisher F70, the Minelab 705 and the Teknetics T2 as a second light-weight unit for my wife.

Of the detectors you mentioned, the Xterra 70 or 705 if the way to go because you can change freqs with different coils. I have had the other 2 and have always came back to the Xterra. I have the 705 now as my second machine to the Safari..........:thumbup:

Did a little detecting today and found a cool spot that will require a bit more time to check out. But as I was about to leave I decided to pull out the Titan 2000xd and give it a whirl around the gravel parking lot. I was amazed at how easy it was to pop coins from the gravel parking lot. Nothing old and nothing deep but it was so easy to locate shallow targets with the 8" concentric coil on the Titan. It was like shooting fish in a barrel a new coin on just about every sweep and such a light swing. Most were so shallow it was just a matter of kicking the gravel with my toe to bring them to the surface.

Nufs enough though, I need to make another trip to beach!

I'm ready for the beach also. I was going to wait until after spring break. All that suntan oil and cold drinks= MD paradise. But I think I may go sooner. Hope to see all of you down there this spring. HH :minelab::tesoro: