Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Service Problem

Nomad NJ

I had a problem dealing with service a few weeks ago with a lower shaft. They sent me a new lower shaft after loosing the parts that I sent. They sent me a new one and I thought that I was lucky. I used it one day and the coil fell off. I gorilla glued it and it worked fine. I ordered a new tornado 800 coil and received it today from UPS. When I opened the box it was the wrong coil. The paper work was OK. I called to find out when I will receive my UPS label and told that the earliest that I can receive it is tomorrow. You call and you have to leave a message and they never call you back. The company is a real joke.

I TOTALLY AGREE!! After more than 10yrs. a MINELAB Owner, "I'M DONE WITH THEM, as long as they are UNDER CURRENT OWNERSHIP!!" I just hope SOME QUALITY MINDED AMERICAN CO. S-T-E-P-S UP & BUYS their HOBBY
Division!! Les Robinson

I always have talked to a real person. They did change the customer care numbers. For customer repair 1-877-767-6522 customer care is 1-888-949-6522. I just got my Excallibur II back a couple of weeks ago sooner than expected and Minelab went way beyond what I requested to be repaired to make sure I would'nt have any problems. That is the only time I have sent a machine to them but I could'nt be more pleased with the service. Hope you get your problems solved. HH :minelab:

The only person at service repair answers the phone in Angela. She is polite but can not give you an answer and always says that she will call you back. You have to make follow up calls. You also have to leave messages as it appears that she is the only person to answer the phone. But I guess that is better than talking to a machine. When I received my new lower shaft that was worse than the one that I sent in that they lost I requested that they send me a new part right away so that I did not have to wait approx two weeks. I told her that I would ship the parts on the same day. She had to contact her supervisor who was in Australia and was informed that I would have to send my parts first to be checked out. A new shaft cost approx $ 45. I had to pay $2.50 for the package to ship. The first day that I used my machine I spent twenty dollars for gas and five dollars for parking but but had to leave because I could not keep the coil on the shaft. When I was told that I could glue the part myself and it would still be covered by warranty I had made the repairs myself. I wished that I did this first and I would have saved a lot of aggravation.

Today when I received the wrong coil which actually cost $100 more than the one I ordered I called at 1:00 PM and had to leave a message. The company that I ordered the coil from called back right away and said that Minelab will ship me a UPS shipping label. I waited a few hours and called and informed that I will have the label e-mailed the following day. You would think that after they made the mistake that they would send a label right away. Tomorrow I have get up early to go to work and will not be able to ship the coil until Sat, wasting time to have the wrong coil that was sent shipped back before I have the one that I ordered shipped back to me. I am very happy with my Sovereign GT but on the only two times times that I had to contact service and sales I received poor service.

Being a Minelab dealer I know Minelab can not sell you a coil as you have to order it from a dealer, at least this is what Minelab tells me. Now if this is the case than i would check with the dealer you bought it from as it looks to me he sent the wrong coil and not Minelab. If this is true I can not see how this is Minelabs fault the dealer sent the wrong coil, by the way what was the coil that was sent to you ?? Was it one for the Sovereign or one of the other Minelabs?
Not trying to say it wasn't Minelabs fault, but like to know more about this for my personal records.
I have seen the Iso rod problem myself since the XS2 were made and then it was very few of them, but since the XS2a,Elite and the GT I only seen one and that one the GT was dropped and the iso rod come lose and we just on some glue where it had come lose and it was fine after that.
Looking at the whole picture now if this Minelab was brand new and had a problem with the detector itself Minelab is suppose to handle it, if it is not the detector itself the dealer is suppose to handle it from what I understand of all the dealer bulletins I get, so where is your dealer in this picture about the iso rod on the lower shaft as he should have told you about the glue repair and ordered you in a new shaft, then contacted Minelab for a replacement??

Just curious what is happening here, maybe I don't understand the dealer bulletins and hope another dealer will step up to clarify this.

NamVetLesTreasureSeeker said:
I TOTALLY AGREE!! After more than 10yrs. a MINELAB Owner, "I'M DONE WITH THEM, as long as they are UNDER CURRENT OWNERSHIP!!" I just hope SOME QUALITY MINDED AMERICAN CO. S-T-E-P-S UP & BUYS their HOBBY
Division!! Les Robinson

Maybe like GM or Chrysler??

Rick(ND) said:
Being a Minelab dealer I know Minelab can not sell you a coil as you have to order it from a dealer, at least this is what Minelab tells me. Now if this is the case than i would check with the dealer you bought it from as it looks to me he sent the wrong coil and not Minelab. If this is true I can not see how this is Minelabs fault the dealer sent the wrong coil, by the way what was the coil that was sent to you ?? Was it one for the Sovereign or one of the other Minelabs?
Not trying to say it wasn't Minelabs fault, but like to know more about this for my personal records.
I have seen the Iso rod problem myself since the XS2 were made and then it was very few of them, but since the XS2a,Elite and the GT I only seen one and that one the GT was dropped and the iso rod come lose and we just on some glue where it had come lose and it was fine after that.
Looking at the whole picture now if this Minelab was brand new and had a problem with the detector itself Minelab is suppose to handle it, if it is not the detector itself the dealer is suppose to handle it from what I understand of all the dealer bulletins I get, so where is your dealer in this picture about the iso rod on the lower shaft as he should have told you about the glue repair and ordered you in a new shaft, then contacted Minelab for a replacement??

Just curious what is happening here, maybe I don't understand the dealer bulletins and hope another dealer will step up to clarify this.

I had the coil stem come loose from my new excal 2 shaft, took out another one and kept hunting. When I got home I used some 5 minute epoxy to fix the problem .....CRISIS SOLVED !!!! No big deal

I bought my Sovereign GT approx two years ago from Kelly CO. I had an extended warranty. When I contacted them about my ISO they just gave my the number for Minelab and speak to Ewaut. I could never speak to him. I sent the lower shaft to them and waited a week and a half and spoke to Angela. I had to resend the UPS information and it appeared that they lost it. They sent me a brand new shaft with was worst than the one I sent in. I called Minelab and asked them to send a new one and they said that I had to send the one they sent me first. I did not want to waste more time so I glued it myself and it works fine.

Approx a month later I ordered and Tornado 800 coil from Down Under. The box shipped from Minelab and the wrong coil was in the box. The paper work was correct. The owner called Minelab and they called me the next day and said that they were sending the correct coil overnight. I was also told that they sending me gifts for the problems that I had. The following day I received the correct coils plus a hat, flashlight, back pack & water bottle which was nice. I used my detector yesterday and it was working great. The owner from Down Under and the manager at Minelab were great.

I wish they would bring back the old service company.
This company does not want to help you much.
I heard that they dont want to fix the older excal even though it the same boards because they want to make a high quota(dont know if this is 100% true,but the felling I got when talking to a rep. I wouldnt dout it.)
BRING BACK THE OLD SERVICE THAT MINELAB USE TO GIVE

WELL STATED Stateguyt!! There seems to be alot more of us, then appears on this POST, that have the same feelings!! Les Robinson