Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MINELAB SERVICE :thumbup:

I was pleasantly surprised with my dealing with Minelab Service this week. A week ago Saturday, while out detecting, the ears on my 10.5" DD 7.5 coil for my Xterra broke. On Monday I called Minelab Service, and was given an R.A. Number , I sent it out on Tuesday. On Thursday I received a call from Minelab Service saying that they had received my broken coil. Today, my door bell rings and there is a package from Minelab with a new coil. So from the time I sent it out to the time I received it back is just 6 days, outstanding service.

Never had to use customer service yet, Hope I won't have to either. Its good to see a post from someone who has had a good experience with Minelab cs. I have had great service from Whites, so owning a Safari and reading your post gives a little reassurance.

After a week or so of having my detector, a piece of plastic inside the headphones snapped so I had to send it in. Minelab called me a couple days later saying my warranty did not cover the standard headphones that came with it because it was not made by Minelab, even though the Minelab logo is right on it. Luckily after talking to Koss about it Koss was nice enough to send me a new pair for free!

I've never had a problem with the ears on any of my Minelab coils (probably because of having always kept them loose), but was wondering if any of you have ever noticed which of the Minelab coils have the heaviest duty ears? It's their 6" coil. I miked the ears of several Minelab coils, here are my findings: 6" DD coil ears (.300 ), 10.5" DD coil ears (.145 ), 11" DD Pro coil ears (.135 ). Mmmmm...