Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab should offer choice of headphones

foggynotion

I think Minelab should offer the Equinox with the choice of either a wireless headphone or a corded waterproof headphone. As a water hunter, I would never use the wireless headphones. If I decide to hunt the sand, I just use the waterproof phones. In all the years I have used a CTX 3030, I have never once used the wireless option. Don't you think a waterproof detector should offer the option? They could charge a bit more for the water proof headphone package.

I don't think they have ever sold those as an option with the CTX either. Oh well, I generally dislike the quality of minelab phones, so I probably would pay for their waterproof one anyway. I'm sure one of the major detecting headphone company will have a set available soon.

Um guys...... they showed the crappy yellows as the waterproof ones.... nuff said. Just give me a connector. ... ill use mine.

I will rephrase my point. If Minelab really wants to do something different, they could offer a QUALITY pair of waterproof headphones as an alternative to the wireless headphones, since the machine is waterproof. I don't know why you guys are so anxious to spend another $150.00 or more dollars, in addition to your detector purchase, for waterproof headphones that should be included.

Plus they are using yet another new proprietary headphone connection. They could at least use the CTX type connector, so that those of us who choose to transition from CTX to Equinox can use the headphones we have. The CTX waterproof connector is a proven bulletproof design. Looking at the photo of the Equinox connector, it looks like a step down from the CTX connector as far as durability goes.

Different people like different headphone for their detectors, its the ones that work the best for them is what they want. I know I wouldn't like to get a new detector that comes with only waterproof headphone which I don't need as much as you don't use the wireless, so now it is up to the dealer that sold the new detector to you to either trade in the ones you don't like for the ones you do like. If Minelab were to add the headphone you wanted would mean so many different options and different prices, so you would have to order them with what you wanted and wait for it, maybe for weeks or months. I am sure no dealer would want want to stock different option as the inventory would be expensive which would be pass on to the customer, which we all want to lowest price detector and let those that want different type of headphone get what they want, not what Minelab would think would be what you like for the added cost.
Myself I wish they wouldn't include headphone that most will never use and keep the price lower and let us the owners buy what we want. Over the years I have yet to see a set of headphones that come with a detector last that long as the quality is not there.

Rick

Rick.....i think his point was its not nearly a concern for the dirt diggers.... this mostly affects the water guys. They added connectors that cant be removed...... so whats our options here.......... crappy yellows ..... AGAIN? MOST of us arent diving so with the CTX connectors at least we could make a pair of comfortable phones with decent response and tones..... like MALs. Anyone that used the CTX phones knows..... WE have come up with BETTER phones because WE have the connectors. I suspect once someone learns how to change the battery....... they will also change out that connector to a CTX connector..... or just cut the cable at the phones. I hope they arent like the CTX ones....... very low volume..... surely the testers complained about that? Its mighty noisy in the Ocean with wind and surf.

Dew

I agree completely , just like my AT Max, came with wireless and has never been out of the box, All I do is water hunt and had to buy the water phones extra. Was hoping Mine lab was not going to follow Garrett but looks like it, will kill the mine lab for me