Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: the eBook, "Understanding your X-TERRA", is available FREE :minelab:

OK. So I sold my X-70 4-5 years ago and got a Sovereign GT. The GT is a very good machine but, I couldn't mesh with it because of it's bulkiness. So, I recently sold the GT and have been using the AT PRO. Which I like a lot. However, I have never forgotten the sweeeet music my X-70 would make when it detected a silver coin. Ahhhhhhh, man. Hmmmm...705 and a PRO. I could rule the world!! I should have never clicked on the X-Terra page!!

Thank you, Digger, great work, really enjoyed reading! As I'd say; ' You'll never know for sure......unless you read it it!

Tibor fom sunny So Cal.

You're welcome. And thanks for the kind words. HH Randy

I went to those sites and each time I get a message that the page not found. It's like the book is no longer there.

TerryETex said:
I went to those sites and each time I get a message that the page not found. It's like the book is no longer there.
I just clicked on it and it took me to Minelab's site at the Treasure Talk page about the book.
At the bottom of the page it says "The complete eBook is available to download in PDF format in the www.minelab.com members section. If you are not a member yet don’t worry – registering is quick, easy and free – all you need to do is complete the members registration form and activate your membership. "

If you still have trouble, just PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the PDF.

Hey i just read the whole book, it was great. I think i will dig out the x-terra 70 and give it a try this weekend. thanks

Thanks for the comments. Glad to hear the eBook got you firing up the X-70 again.

Hi Randy. I went to the minelab site and tried to download your ebook link appears to be broken or something can't find it only the preview. I have a X-terra 305 lookin g to get the most out of it. Thanks

Seen the post from oldlonghair, downloaded his copy from onedrive. Thanks guys:clapping: Looking forward to posting my finds after reading this ebook. HH

kam47 said:
Hi Randy. I went to the minelab site and tried to download your ebook link appears to be broken or something can't find it only the preview. I have a X-terra 305 lookin g to get the most out of it. Thanks

Seen the post from oldlonghair, downloaded his copy from onedrive. Thanks guys:clapping: Looking forward to posting my finds after reading this ebook. HH

Hey kam47,

Just bought my new X-terra 705 and joined this forum (first post)...and had the same issue trying to download this free e-book by Randy from the Minelabs site. Eventually found it here... http://radioworld.ca/product_brochures/metal_detector/xterra_understanding.pdf

Hope this helps...

Cheers
Ric

Thanks for all the great info you have included in this book. I downloaded it to my iPad to use while out hunting. I've had my 705 for over close to 2 years and still learning how much this md can do. This book has helped tremendously, thanks again

Randy, I've spent so many years focused on my Explorer and Etrac that I somehow missed out on learning about the X-Terra's. Now that I've poked around the X-Terra Forum a bit, I feel like I've been missing out on something special.

I see a fellow on rare occasion at one of my detecting haunts swinging an X-Terra, but have never had opportunity to chat with him.

I downloaded your ebook (thank you for the link) and plan on spending some time with it this weekend. After a brief overview, I have to say I appreciate your dedication to put something like this together for others. Well done.

Regards,

Rich (Utah)

Thanks for the kind words. The X-TERRA is truly something special to the many of us who have learned what it is capable of doing. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them on the forum. There are LOTS of experienced X-TERRA users on here who will be happy to share their points of view. HH Randy

Dear Randy,

Thank you for your patience and your wonderful book.
I'd ask to you: is it possible to modify a water resistant coil into a waterproof coil?
Is it possible and sufficient to seal the cable with a wateproof glue or sealant?

The basic difference between what is considered waterproof vs water resistant is the pressure each can withstand before water penetrates the coil. And considering the length of the rod assembly and coil cable, I don’t think you will dunk a water resistant coil deep enough to make a difference. With that said, I do recommend we do all we can to protect our investments. I have sprayed the seams of my coils, and where the cables enter the coil shell, with products such as Flex Seal. HH. Randy