Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Vanquish Detector

Nothing known about what it might be let alone if they will ever release it. I see over the top videos that I find disgusting because I spent 14 years in the retail trade.

GeorgeinSC said:
Nothing known about what it might be let alone if they will ever release it. I see over the top videos that I find disgusting because I spent 14 years in the retail trade.

Lol...I spent 14 years with ML and also find the videos OTT...
It'll be out when they say so...

After he slim control boxes of the Gold Monster and the Equinox, this one appears to be huge!.

A hybrid between the e-Trac & Equinox my guess from looking at it. I think Minelabs going after the Garrett AT series detectors with the Vanquish.

It just doesn’t look like something that is Minelab style.

u2robert said:
A hybrid between the e-Trac & Equinox my guess from looking at it. I think Minelabs going after the Garrett AT series detectors with the Vanquish.

I have found out a few things about the new machine over the last 2 months.
It is a replacement for the Terra's .
It runs on multi frequency on 2 maybe 3 frequencies . So could be good in the wet salt.
I wont be waterproof .
11 inch coil on the 440 and 540 and 540 pro .
9 inch coil on the 340 i think .
I hope it has the same numbers as the Terra , they work better on coins than the Nox numbers which are too tight .
I doesn't have a battery pack , so probably takes AA batteries , 4 ?

I only hope the three models aren't red and that the other 2 are different , the top end should be black. Red looks like a toy.

It not an ET / Nox hybrid .

I’d be very surprised on the xterra being replaced , the Equanox dose that already. I ran my Xterra 70 for 12 years and the Nox is very similar except they added a few bells and whistles like multi frequency so you don’t have to Chang’s coils all the time ( I have 5 coils for my xterra and now I only need two for the NOX and it’s waterproof. And man dose that thing find coins deep.
So I think Minelab has something else in mind but I’m just guessing.

Doug

Donut said:
I’d be very surprised on the xterra being replaced , the Equanox dose that already. I ran my Xterra 70 for 12 years and the Nox is very similar except they added a few bells and whistles like multi frequency so you don’t have to Chang’s coils all the time ( I have 5 coils for my xterra and now I only need two for the NOX and it’s waterproof. And man dose that thing find coins deep.

Doug

I'm afraid the Vanquish is the replacement for the Terra. I thought when the Nox came out it was the replacement for the Terra but the Vanquish will be in the price range of the Terra and the Vanquish has V.Flex IQ . Which means the Vanquish has the Terra's V.Flex and the Nox's IQ . We'll have to wait and see what that will be like .
Remember the Terra has been out for 14 years now .

Yea the xterra has been around for a long time and they are really good machines. And I understand they need something in that price range. But that picture it really looks big and ? Red .
Just have to wait and see.
I’m doing too good with my NOX so it’s not going anywhere. Lol

Doug

Donut said:
Yea the xterra has been around for a long time and they are really good machines. And I understand they need something in that price range. But that picture it really looks big and ? Red .
Just have to wait and see.
I’m doing too good with my NOX so it’s not going anywhere. Lol

Doug

Yes. Its the red bit i dont like. It might not be a toy but red makes it look that way.
I hope all three models the 340 / 440 and 540 are different colours .

I have 2 Nox 800's so if the Vanquish 540 is what i want i might get one and sell an 800 .
Want to travel abroad next year and if it doesn't have internal batteries it wont upset the airlines too .

Donut said:
I’d be very surprised on the xterra being replaced , the Equinox dose that already. I ran my Xterra 70 for 12 years and the Nox is very similar except they added a few bells and whistles like multi frequency so you don’t have to Chang’s coils all the time ( I have 5 coils for my xterra and now I only need two for the NOX and it’s waterproof. And man dose that thing find coins deep.

Doug

*********************************************​

"Hi Doug!"

I LUV my 705.....especially using the 18 KHz elliptical.

It may be a somewhat 'vague' in the low disc area...(- 3 to +3), but otherwise it's a pleasure to simply swing, locate, and dig.

Once you become familiar with your site and its 'varieties', then I feel as if the Terra is talking sensibly to me.

It sniffs out thin-section coins so-well....like UK hammered 'silver'.

If Minelab intend introducing a companion upgrade....of the same quality...(multi F ?)....then I'm interested......matt

I really like my xterra 70 however I hav had my NOX for two weeks and fell I love with it so I think I’ll be parting my 70 out and selling it. I have 5 coils for it.
My new NOX is so easy and fast to do changes with on the fly. As far as -3, +3 +5 I just block the individually and and lower the tones for the first two of the five segment section (has5).and when doing that it quiets down in trashy areas.