Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!



Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:minelab: Very impressed by this machine! :thumbup:

Derrelld

Active member
WOW... I have yet to find a detector I like as much as my Explorer SE until the CTX 3030!!! But that doesn't mean I'm going to follow the trend and get rid of my Explorer or E-trac. This machine runs extremely smooth, the balance is amazing, and the target ID and screen display is awesome.
I got a chance to take my new 3030 to a few sites that I have hit and that have been hit on a regular basis. The first site I was running in auto +3 sensitivity, target trace, target trace pinpoint, and ferrous coin with the standard coin discrimination. Trying to get a feel for the machine. I was going slow with the game plan to dig anything with a repeatable signal at good depth. At first I dug a few large rusty bolts, this place is just littered with iron. But by reading everything I had on the forum and paying attention to the cursors. I was pretty sure on what I was after.. Just had to be sure :) It didn't take long for the detector to lock on a 12-35 signal registering at 6 inches. I opened up the hole pulling out a nice green 1898 Indian.. But what really blew me away was when I flipped the coin over. On the back of the coin It had a good size piece of iron stuck to it. I have dug many coins with rust on them, but never one with a piece of iron actually seized to the coin. I put the probe down in the hole and from directly beneath the coin came a 2 inch nail.. Would my explorer or e-trac have found that coin.. I don't know, I do know I have had both machines in the exact spot previously. I am tickled to death having a Indian as my first coin with this detector. The target ID seems to be very similar to the E-trac, and if you are familiar to the target sounds of the Explorers and E-trac. This detector will take no time at all to pick up on. The only thing I had a problem with was the button lay out. I don't know how many times I hit that dang noise cancel button :veryangry: Maybe I'm just not the brightest crown in the box lol

When I hit the other spots with the 3030, again it didn't take long for the finds to start coming out of the dry ground! I didn't change my settings too much.. Just switched from semi auto to manual sensitivity. I also changed the disc pattern a little. You can see it in one of the pics. I ended up with a couple more Indians. A 1902 and a 1906, three wheats, a neat good for 5 cents token that was made in Dayton Ohio, a smashed token, a junk kids ring, a little sterling button, and a Merc. Nothing came from extreme depths, 7 or 8 inches at the most. But I don't doubt this machines abilities at pulling out the deep finds at all. Like I said, the ground here is VERY dry! For those curious about small gold. I air tested a small gold neckless my fiance had. The machine didn't pick up on the chain itself but did register the little gold charm holding a diamond. I have had a blast running this machine! It might sound silly, but one of my favorite things is the numbered depth display. I have always ran really high gain on all my other machines. Sometimes five or six inch coins sound like they are right on top of the ground. Seeing an actual number just peeks my interest a little more. I hope to get some good videos soon.
Good luck hunting everyone, and enjoy your new toy:)
Derrelld
 

jimmybigshot

New member
Awesome. I can't wait till I start pulling stuff like this out with my own ctx instead of living through this forum. I know more about the ctx than my Deus, which is leaving me soon I hope. I cant wait!
 

pspr

New member
Great finds. I'm dead. My wife is going to kill me. I couldn't resist any longer. I just ordered a CTX. The feature where you just push a button on the CTX and the tarket is pulled right out of the ground was the clincher. Wait - it does do that, right?

Anyway, I'm going to keep it in the garage and maybe she won't see it before I die of natual causes.
 

GunnarMN

New member
[size=medium]the token is exeptinal[/size]
 

Derrelld

Active member
pspr said:
Great finds. I'm dead. My wife is going to kill me. I couldn't resist any longer. I just ordered a CTX. The feature where you just push a button on the CTX and the tarket is pulled right out of the ground was the clincher. Wait - it does do that, right?

Anyway, I'm going to keep it in the garage and maybe she won't see it before I die of natual causes.


You're the man of the house just tell her how it is.. You will buy whatever you want whenever you want!!!!!! :)

I sound pretty tough on this computer :cheers:

Im still hoping my fiance doest notice the new addition to my closet.....

Ohhh crap she is walking up to me... I gotta goooooooooooooooo :goodnight:
 

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
You got yourself a small tribe there! Congrats on the finds. Glad to see you taking advantage of some of the new functionality. HH Randy
 

pspr

New member
Derrelld said:
pspr said:
Great finds. I'm dead. My wife is going to kill me. I couldn't resist any longer. I just ordered a CTX. The feature where you just push a button on the CTX and the tarket is pulled right out of the ground was the clincher. Wait - it does do that, right?

Anyway, I'm going to keep it in the garage and maybe she won't see it before I die of natual causes.


You're the man of the house just tell her how it is.. You will buy whatever you want whenever you want!!!!!! :)

I sound pretty tough on this computer :cheers:

Im still hoping my fiance doest notice the new addition to my closet.....

Ohhh crap she is walking up to me... I gotta goooooooooooooooo :goodnight:

Show her all the neat stuff you found. Hope that works for you. I'm actually hoping my transgression will only cost me a couple octaves in my voice. :punch:
 

Bell-Two

Active member
Great stuff there DD, hope to get a chance to get out with you again to see that beast in action. I am going to get a chance today to swing one for a little bit, hope to learn more.
 

earthmansurfer

Active member
Congrats on your find(s)! You look quite happy and content in the pic.

LOL with the noise cancel button. I haven't pushed at on the E-Trac too often at the wrong time but the few times I did it was always as I was changing a setting during filming or the like. Kind of funny.

I've due a few coins with nails attached and nails near the coin. I think attached is easier for the machine and detached & above is more difficult as it shields it a bit. But, those bigger nails make things not so clear regardless. Did you get two ID's on the target trace? Curious about that part.

Good luck and report back your progress. Great to hear these first reports.
Albert
 

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
Derrelld said:
The only thing I had a problem with was the button lay out. I don't know how many times I hit that dang noise cancel button

If you press the trigger after accidently doing a NC, it will stop the NC process in progress. HH Randy
 

Derrelld

Active member
Digger said:
Derrelld said:
The only thing I had a problem with was the button lay out. I don't know how many times I hit that dang noise cancel button

If you press the trigger after accidently doing a NC, it will stop the NC process in progress. HH Randy


LOL thanks for the tip randy :thumbup: Good luck to you on your next hunt sir!
 

JW

Active member
n/t
 

Reeseb

Member
Thanks for the great post. Good to see you enjoying your new addition to the family. That NC button is right smack where PP is on the E-Trac! That's going to get me for sure.
 

Derrelld

Active member
Thanks JW!!!! Good to hear from you sir :buds:
 
Top