Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Warranty Repair Times

AVXVA

To all those who have sent their E-Trac's in for repair, what is the normal/average repair and return time? Were you satisfied with the repair, etc?

Thanks!

Bronc

Good question !!
I know when I ordered mine yesterday from NED . I ask Andrew about this and or in house warranty work.
The answer was all warranty work has to be sent to minelab after the warranty runs out then NED can do the work.
As for turn around time ........ Weeks The up shot is very few have been sent in .
hope this helps
Bill

I had to send a coil in for warranty repair/replace just last week. Minelab told me the repair would take 3-4 weeks. Six months ago I was very concerned about Minelab not returning calls, always a answer service answering the phone, complaints from most that had to send anything in, etc. Last week when my coil arrived at Minelab I did get a call from Minelab to let me know the coil arrived and when I called back someone answered the phone (a Minelab employee....wow). I think things are getting better! I also sent a Fisher unit in to Fisher for repair Feb. 8 for my son, got unit back Tuesday the 22nd repaired with a complete explanation of what was done. I was impressed.
Bill

If I wanted to run a series of "self diagnostics" on my ETrac to make sure it was operating correctly, what would I do? (What tests can I do to determine if it is running properly?)

Bronc

I really don't know other than doing a reboot and if that doens't work doing a MASTER REBOOT. You'll loose any saved patterns on the Master one. Seems like I did read about someone being able to push certain buttons on the face in certain order to get to something...but to be quite honest I can't remember if it was an E-Trac or an Explorer. What kind of problems are you experiencing...if any??

NebTrac

I sent mine in for a check-up and it was a full 30 days in turn around. I have had a 8" coil ordered since Oct and the dealer still hasn't heard anything from them as to when he will be getting them. Kelly Co said they are expecting an order in around the 25 th of March.

1goldsniper said:
I sent mine in for a check-up and it was a full 30 days in turn around. I have had a 8" coil ordered since Oct and the dealer still hasn't heard anything from them as to when he will be getting them. Kelly Co said they are expecting an order in around the 25 th of March.

I had my 8" minelab coil ordered about the 15th of LAST March. No one said anything about it, just BO'd. I used my coupons, so really didn't have too much money out there. Tried to trade it for a SEF 15x12 and could've done that, had it been in stock. Just crazy!

NebTrac

Part of the problem for long turn around times could be the extended warranty offered by Kellyco or other companies. Kellyco adds a 1 year warranty to your E-Trac purchase but in order for it to be valid you have to send in your E-Trac to Minelab within 30 days of the original warranty expiration to insure the machine is in good working order before the Kellyco warranty goes into effect.

So how many people are sending in perfectly good machines to have them inspected just to get the extended warranty? This has got to be slowing down Minelab and costing them a lot of extra time and money looking at fully functional machines.

I told Minelab about the practice when I filled out my product registration with them. Hopefully that will put a stop to it. If Kellyco wants to offer an extended warranty I think that is great. But to get the customer and Minelab to jump through a useless hoop in order to do so is bad business in my opinion. When I picked the extended warranty option I had know idea I would have to go through this drama in order to have the warranty honored by Kellyco. It left a bad taste in my mouth after reading the extended warranty card.

Fool me once..........

I sent mine on Jan 27 and got it back on Feb 22. It was warranty work, replacing the touch screen, as some "buttons" weren't working properly. I live in the Midwest, so that helps.This is the longest repair time that I have had, for anything I sent to them for repairs.

I live only 20 minutes away so I dropped mine off. I picked it up 21
days later. They replaced my screen,you could see the grid lines and they replaced the grip put on a new strap and replaced the cam locks which I didn't tell them to but they said they were loose. I had it out three times all ready and it works fine. I don't mind waiting a little longer if the machine is repaired properly the first time around! Not the third or fourth time like it takes another company I will never buy another machine from!